Evania couldn't stop the blush from spreading across her cheeks as she looked back up at the image on her phone.

She was wearing a low cut shirt that showed off quite a bit of shoulder and collarbone, but not enough breast for it to be slutty. Some of her tattoo like markings were peeking out but they only drew attention to her skin and neck. Her hair was tied up, but a few pieces came undone around her face.

Evania could imagine the succubus huffing and blowing the hair out of her eyes.

BANG!

"Are you okay!?" Kai asked.

Evania's knee stung from tripping over the trashcan. The vampire fell onto her rear and growled lowly in pain. Not enough to let out a voice, but enough to portray her pain to the Fox who chuckled and knelt down beside her.

"Where does it hurt?" She asked holding out her hand palm down.

Evania raised an eyebrow before guiding her hand over her sore knee. Kai's magic sparked to life and the pain vanished instantly before Kai helped her to her feet. "You're supposed to watch where we're going, though I guess I'm glad it wasn't me."

Sorry. Evania answered.

"What had you so distracted?"

Janet is texting me. Sylvia is jealous that you're touching me. Evania explained, putting her phone in her pocket before taking the fox's arm again where they continued back towards the dorm.

"She knows better than to think I'm flirting with you. I have Chysolite already."

I think she knows that. She's just... well... being Sylvia.

"She's being a good girlfriend." Kai explained. "She's jealous, but she's trying not to make you think she's super clingy. But it's hard not to be when you can feel everything your girlfriend does."

"I'm sure."

Evania was quiet for a while longer as she stared at Kai who set her glass down on the table and waited patiently. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Kai?" She called, barely above a whisper.

She heard her couch move a bit, and she opened one eye to check on the fox who didn't seem to have moved much, other than her tail moving back onto the couch like she went to wag it. Her ears flicked once again before turning back to where Evania's voice had come from.

"Are you better at controlling it? Or is it stronger when it's an order?"

Evania swallowed like she couldn't believe the was doing this at all. "Kai, stand up."

Kai tensed up almost like she was in pain. Evania moved to her feet and leaned forward like she was scared but Kai raised a hand to her before exhaling deeply. "I'm okay." She answered.

Are you sure? That didn't look good.

"One more time please?"

Are you sure?

"Yes."

"Stand up."

Kai flinched again, this time no where near as bad. She let out another breath with a smile. "See? I'm fine."

I don't like it. It's not right.

"I have a resistance to your voice." Kai explained. "You don't have to worry about talking to me if you have to."

I can write messages in your palm if I really need to. I don't want to use my voice. Other people don't have divine resistance.

"You can do whatever you like Evania. I'm simply letting you know that you can speak to me if you really need to. If you never need to again, then you never have to. But if you do, I'll be okay."

Evania didn't really know what to say, so she stood up just as Sylvia nearly broke the door down. "Eva!? Are you okay!?"

"What are you doing home early?" Evania signed.

"You were talking!" Sylvia answered. "I was worried!"

"I asked her to talk to see if I could resist it. Turns out I can." Kai explained. "I told her she never had to if she didn't want to, but I wanted to know if I could."

Sylvia charged into the room and pulled Evania into a tight hug. "Janet told me you were with Kai, but I was still so worried. I didn't feel much before you hugged Kai, but I thought someone hit you!"

He bumped into me. But I'm fine.

"I was freaking out a little."

I'm okay.

"You say that but."

"I'm fine Sylvia." Evania answered, glancing at Kai to make sure she was okay, and sure enough the fox only smiled at the sound of Evania's voice before giving them a thumbs up, letting the vampire know she was fine. So Kai looked back up at Sylvia with a gentle smile. "Kai may have helped me this time, but I have you to look forward to everyday. So I'll be fine."

Sylvia glanced over her shoulder at Kai before smiling. "I guess so."