• 52 •

art ^

My own book is making me feel single, single rn

guys, if I did a Q&A for this book, what kind of questions(unlimited, the more the merrier) would each of you like me to answer?

"I'm not understanding you right now" I said and Harry sighed "What's not to understand?" He turned to crouch before me on the front porch "Do you even realize what you said?" He nodded "I did and I told you. I want to hear that from you" I felt my chest tighten "Harry, do you know what today is?" He frowned and shook his head "Today is a day after the completion of a month within which we had to fake date" I said warily and Harry nodded "I knew that" I looked at him confused "Then why didn't you do anything? Why didn't you just leave and call it quits like you planned?" I spoke in a small voice and glanced down to my lap, slightly afraid of his answer "Addy, is that what you want?" He placed his finger under my chin to tilt my head up "Answer me, truthfully" His tone was solemn "No, it's not what I want" I replied honestly.

"Good because I don't want that either" I looked at him in surprise, I half expected him to start laughing as he'd mock me for thinking that we could be together. What the hell happened to me? A month ago, Harry's egotistical presence felt revolting, we always argued and now everything changed. "What do you want?" I asked, wondering what's on his mind right now as he pursed his lips, the gears shifting behind his green irises "I want you, Addy. A month ago, I considered you this spoiled brat that always got what she wanted. I didn't like you at all, to be honest, now I just feel different. All I know is that I don't want what we have, what we share to come to an end" I stopped myself from punching him when he addressed me as a spoiled brat again. I lifted my hands to my face, rubbing away the tears in my eyes with the heels of my palm.

"Why are you crying?" He chuckled and pulled me towards him, fitting me between his knees "I don't know, you're just so damn complicated, Harry" I breathed in then continued "I can't handle your mood swings. What's to say that in a few days you wouldn't want us anymore?" Even though I dreamt about what it would be like to actually date Harry, I had this doubt that he might not always want it, not want me. "I can promise you that it won't happen. Addy, I've never spoken about my family or myself to anyone heck not even to Louis and I've known him longer than I know you, yet with you everything feels so comfortable." He cupped my cheeks and I mentally scolded myself for crying again, his thumbs wiping my tears. "Trust me on this when I say that I'm never going to leave your side and I'm a man of my word"

It was almost as if I heard the crashing of thunder in the distance upon Harry's words, my mind drifted off to the conversation he had with my father. I brushed that aside for now and focused on Harry, "So does this mean we're in a relationship?" It felt odd saying that but I couldn't help but also feel on edge in anticipation of Harry's response. He smiled charmingly and nodded, "I guess so. No propositions this time, all strings attached" Although my father and him share some kind of life threatening secret, I wouldn't want to lose Harry but I fear that someday there's going to be something that does it for me, I don't want to see that day. "If you're worried about what your dad might say, don't. I've already asked him about this" I looked at Harry in surprise "You did?" He nodded and shifted from his crouched position to sitting cross-legged, then pulled me over his lap with my legs around his back.

"Yes, I wasn't going to do anything without his knowledge or approval. I'd appreciate it if I could live to see the next day" He said and I shook my head with a chuckle before cupping his cheek and placed my lips to his. "What exactly did you ask him?" I drew mindless patterns on Harry's cheek with my thumb "Well I realised that it was about to consummate one month since I came to you with that proposition and I don't know, it felt right to just go up to him and ask him if he'd allow me to date his daughter" I felt my cheeks redden at his reply and a giddy grin made its way to my face "He said yes and I took my chance. It's a good thing we already had a trial run because now I know that I want the rest of the subscription" I whacked his chest for the hidden innuendo before kissing him again.

"Aw! So you finally decided to fuck him" I pulled away from Harry, springing to my feet at the familiar voice to find Scott standing on the last step of the front porch "Scott!" I gasped and ran towards him, my arms going around his shoulders and he hugged me tight, lifting me off the ground "How are you here? You weren't supposed to be back for another 4 months" I asked and he laughed "Four months has passed, Addy. I told you that four months ago" I flushed at my forgetfulness "Right, I forgot" I mentally facepalmed and he patted my head before walking up to Harry. "I'm Scott. We've met already and you can stop staring at me like you're about to smash my head, I'm gay so Adeline isn't my type at all" I bit my lip upon the sight of a jealous Harry, imagine how it would be to fuck a jealous and angry Harry? Oh my God, go away.

"Glad you cleared that up" Harry smiled and they shook hands. We walked inside and Mom immediately engulfed Scott into a hug, I shook my head as I watched his happy expression morph into a worried one when he saw Mom. They spoke for a while until it was dinner, Mom prepared a meal after being supervised so she wouldn't overwork herself. "What did Scott mean by you finally deciding to fuck me?" Harry sat next to me at the dining table, his hand rested on my thigh just like at the lodge "Why do you want to know?" I raised a brow "I just do, now tell me" I chuckled and explained the first day that they met. "Alright, I'm slightly alarmed about this guy now" He glanced towards Scott who sat opposite us and I placed my free hand to Harry's, squeezing it "Don't be, he's harmless. He might flirt with you from time to time but other than that he's fine" I joked to see Harry's reaction and his eyes widened. I giggled and shook my head "Relax, I was kidding" He rolled his eyes and continued with his dinner.

And that marks chapter 52...sigh I'm so tired, you guys.

I just want to thank you all for constant support that you've given me throughout this book, I know I keep on saying that I didn't think this book would take flight but it feels so surreal to me. I'm so happy that you're enjoying my writing and I want to thank you for the votes, comments and for not killing me when Harry acts like a douche (lmao). I love you guys.