• 11 •

"Adeline" I placed my hand in Louis', shaking it. I tend to say my full name to strangers for many reasons, the first being that strangers don't know me enough to get the privilege of calling me by a nickname and the second reason is the first reason.

"Well, that's a pretty name" he commended and I nodded, I moved to the side to walk away, my steps taking me to the pathway that leads backstage. I felt a change in the air when I realised that Louis started to follow close behind me.

Louis jogged up beside me, I swerved to the left as his sudden presence surprised me. He walked further than me and pushed open a door. "In you go, Adeline" The manner in which he said my name made my whole being shiver. With a small nod to my head, I stepped into the room and found my father talking to Harry who seemed as if he just got out of the shower.

The aloe scent of the room filled my senses as I breathed it in, Harry's locks were wet causing little droplets of water to cascade down his torso. "Addy, come on in" my father called out "Thanks Louis" he patted Louis' shoulder and that made me realise he had gotten Louis to escort me to this room.

I took further steps into the room and stood by my father's side, avoiding the piercing gaze of a certain green eyed menace. "I wanted you to meet Mr Graham here" Dad gestured to a balded man with a potbelly "Hello" I awkwardly waved at the man, confusion in my voice. My father chuckled "Graham wants to take you under his wing" my eyes widened as I looked at my father.

Harry got busy by talking with Louis leaving the three of us alone. "Yes, he's right. I've seen your grades and I've seen your work. It's spectacular. In my opinion, you'd make a magnificent artist one day" I was suddenly taken aback by the praise I was receiving, in the background I heard Harry snicker.

Ignoring the rude boy, I focused on the man before me "I'd like to offer you a scholarship to study at my school of artistry." Graham went on to say and I felt as if my childhood dream just came true but dreams change. "I'm honoured, Mr Graham. I'm not pursuing a career in art but rather in medicine" the balded man let out a hearty laugh.

"Yes, yes. I'm aware of that, my offer is infinite. You can do it part-time or full-time or even for the summer, it's left to you, Miss Jones" With that said, he shook hands with my father and left the room. I stood in shock, still processing what just happened. "Addy, it's left to you" Dad said, a warm smile on his face

"Graham had been a long friend of mine and I've always spoke about your passion for art, one day I showed him your work and he fell in love" I rose my eyebrows in surprise at my father's doings "I know you've always loved drawing since a kid and I thought this would be a great gift for your birthday"

I mentally facepalmed, my birthday is this June - how could I have forgotten. I smiled gratefully at my father and hugged him "I loved it" I heard him release a breath of relief. "I'll definitely think about it, maybe I could do a summer course. I mean I won't have anything special to do for the next 3 months" I shrugged and Dad beamed "That's great!"

"Can you fight?" A voice quipped next to me, moments later after my interaction with my father. "Excuse me?" I turned facing Louis "Can you box, like your dad?" I shook my head "I can defend myself but I can't do what he does" Louis held a bright smile to his face "Good because neither can I" he joked and I let out a little laugh.

For the next few hours, Louis and I sat talking about anything and everything other than our career choices. "So you're studying to become a radiologist?" I nodded when we moved from conspiracies to academia "Beauty and brains, I like" Louis passed me a sly smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, you like anyone of the female gender" Harry snickered, making his way into the room "So do you!" Louis countered and they shared a laugh. I shifted in my seat, becoming aware of his skinny jean clad frame. He placed a shirt over his head while talking to Louis before slipping his arms through the holes.

"What are you studying?" I questioned "I'm here on a football scholarship but I'm keeping myself occupied with Mechanical Engineering" I passed him an impressed look "That's a great field and very time consuming" Louis nodded then gestured below his eyes "Tell me about it, these bags are the result of that field but I love working with my hands..if you know what I mean" he nudged my side suggestively and I internally grimaced

"Stop scaring the girl, Tomlinson" Harry said, the scent of his cologne danced around the room as he applied it to his skin. "I'm not doing anything" Louis defended "Anyway, I'll see you around, Adeline" he sighed before standing up, doing a salute as he said my name and walked out the room leaving Harry and I alone - completely alone.

If you love my writing - which I hope you do lol - have a look at my other work, I'm always looking for suggestions and feedback on how to improve my writing. Thank you so much

All the love x