Die Wölfe Verhören

Start from the beginning

"You ain't gonna pull the trigger."

"Shut. The Fuck. Up. Zee."

"Are jou vready to die vor poor, little Rosemary?"

"Yes." Zelma never blinked as she kept her eyes locked on the doctor and not his pistol. Then, there came a soft click; the gun was empty.

But the click made Zelma quickly turn her head and close her eyes tightly.

The doctor saw a single tear drip from both of her eyes.

"Just as I zhought."

He grabbed a full mag from Dempsey's belt, cocked his pistol and aimed it at Rosemary as her eyes contracted and her breathing rapidly sped up.

"Now, let us try zhis again, shall we?"

Rosemary whimpered and cried as she hyperventilated.

"ALRIGHT, OKAY!!! I'll talk, I'll talk. I will tell you everything, just don't kill me!...Please..."

The doctor gave the gun back to Nikolai.

"You are one fucked up doctor, y'know that?!" Zelma cursed.

"Zelma, you've done enough talking for me already. You're lucky he didn't pull the trigger on me, so shut the fuck up and let me do the goddamned talking!"

Her sister was shellshocked. She hardly ever called her by her first name, nor did she ever get pissed off at her. So Zelma smartened up and kept quiet.

After Rosemary took a few, deep breaths, she finally spoke. "Okay. I'm ready. Tell me what you want to know."

"Why were you dressed like a man?" Nikolai asked.

"Yeah, why use a disguise?" Tank grumbled.

"Well, that's kinda...personal..."

"We got all night, honey." Tank said with sarcasm. "It's not like you're going anywhere, either."

"Ugh, fine. It-it was about two months ago. We came across a few survivors. A couple of Americans were lost and trying to find their platoon. My sister was asleep one night and one of the guys pulled me aside and said that he just wanted to talk to me. So after we did, he kept...complimenting me, getting all touchy and just being a bit too flirty. So when I walked away, he grabbed my wrist and threw me to the ground. His buddy held a gun to me and....They had their way with me and my sister couldn't help me. I was raped...over and over...until I heard my sister near a bush, trying to do her business. The buddy left and that's when I screamed as forcefully as I could. She killed him and beat the other guy within an inch of dying before strangling him and slit his throat afterwards....

"It was my idea to hide my gender. To put on a brave face as my sister's skinnier, muscular brother." Rosie finished and the guys were dumbfounded.

"I...I do apologize, kleiner. We did not know zhat was zhe reason for zhis deceit. And your scars...have truth behind zhem. I zhink all of us owe you both und apology. I'm sorry."

"So am I, Rosie. I-I didn't know."

"I am sorry, Rose." Takeo bowed.

"I am sorry, too, Rosie." Nikolai said. "You must remember that you survived this traumatic experience. You are stronger from it. Remember that."

"I will." Rosie nodded.

"So that story about losing your parents was true, too?" Nikolai asked.

"Every word of it."

"And your sister losing her husband?" Tank asked her.

She nodded. "I can't speak for her, guys. She was very close to Axel. Only she can tell you more. But it'll come in time."

"Axel was my husband. Knew him for three years, married for seven. We fought the hordes together. With mom and dad."

"You loved and you lost, sisters," Nikolai said. "But they are always with you, in your hearts."

"Thank you, Nikolai. That's...really sweet."

"I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but we're still tied up here."

"Yeah, so?" Tank shrugged.

"I would appreciate if you untied us because I am starting to lose feeling in my hands and feet." Rosie said politely.

"Oh, of course, my dears." Richtofen got out his knife.

"Please hurry," Zelma hissed hastily. "I am not having my hands and feet amputated anytime soon."

"Oh, come now, mein liebchen (my sweetheart). It vill be wunderbar. Und look at zhe bright side: ve could call you Stumpy!!"