Learning To Love Him 35

Start from the beginning

"What's he doing here?" Kaden mumbled as he followed me.

"Probably decided to smoke," I muttered heading further but I stopped when I noticed a blood-covered body on the ground. I immediately knew it wasn't Jayden's. It was too big, but knowing that didn't ease my anxiety or dread and I began to freak out. "Jay?! Jayden!" I called stepping over the body.

"Chris?" I glanced back at Trent and he looked at me, "It's his father." I stared at the body but quickly figured that I would deal with it later and turned to run my eyes along the ground until they landed on the body I was looking for. I felt my breath hitch as my heart stopped. Please...

"Jay?" I sped over to him and grabbed his face. I gave a breath of relief at the sound of his soft, steady breathing while my eyes began to sting. "You fucking idiot," I muttered pulling him into a tight hug. He didn't hug back being completely out cold. I grabbed the phone from his hand and shoved it into my pocket along with my own. I noticed a half-smoked bud on the ground and reached into Jayden's pockets until I found the rectangular box and tossed it at Kaden. "Burn it."

"He's dead." I looked up hearing Sean speak. He was standing beside Jayden's father's body. "He killed him." The disbelief in Sean's voice barely matched my own. Killed? But Jayden was an Omega.

"No, no. He can't be dead." Kaden said kneeling over the body to feel the man's neck, "Oh my God... no..." He whispered.

"What? Kade, this is a good thing. He can't terrorise Jayden if he's dead." Trent said.

"Yes he can!" Kaden hissed.

"How –? He cannot, Kaden." Sean said.

"No! Jayden's never going to get over this!" Kaden said. I looked at the kid confused.

"Isn't it what Jayden wanted?" I asked.

"Yes... maybe, but Jayden's not a murderer! He'll never be able to live with himself knowing he killed his father – his mother's mate!" Kaden said.

"Well... Then... We'll tell him I did it." I shrugged. Kaden gave me a flat look. "I'm serious. Sometimes people can't remember things this traumatic, if he wakes up and he can't remember, we'll tell him I did it. If he wakes up and he does remember, we'll tell him the bastard was alive when we got here and I killed him because, since Jay was unconscious, I thought he had killed him." I said.

"Sounds legit," Trent said and we looked over at Kaden.

"Is that okay?" I asked. He nodded slowly while glancing back down at the man and then to me again.

"Yeah. He'll believe it." Kaden said.

"Good. I'll get him back home while you get rid of that." I motioned to the dead body while sliding my arm around Jayden's back as the other moved to hook around his knees so I could lift him off the ground.

"I'll help." Kaden said, "Have fun with your disposal." He added earning glares from Trent and Sean.

"Whatever, get out of here," Sean mumbled turning back to the body.

-----

I bit the inside of my cheek studying at Jayden. He was fast asleep under the covers and had barely made a sound apart from a few soft whimpers right after I had tucked him in once we arrived back at the house. He looked good, he looked unharmed, but I could not know if he was truly okay until he woke up.

"Corey, he's fine. Come and eat some breakfast." Izabella's voice came from the door.

"I know. I just want him to know what happened as soon as he wakes." I said.