CHAPTER 17: His True Power

Start from the beginning

Strangely, he doesn't seem to have changed over a year, yet he seems so different. Especially his eyes.

Something travelled down Todoroki, and he felt the strong urge to run away from here. Run away? Why? He worked so hard up to this point! Doubt mysteriously rushed over him as he felt a dark, black, and ominous aura surrounding his air. He froze, unable to move, and began to sweat. He hadn't felt anything this powerful, this sinister since he was close to All For One when rescuing Bakugo. Kaminari was still staring at him as if he expected him to be in this state.

Is this Kaminari's true power?

"S-So, you finally decided to show up...huh?" Todoroki managed to say. The sinister aura was almost choking him, suffocating him. He would run, but he was stuck in place, as if a million hands were anchoring his motion. He unwillingly watched Kaminari take out a mirror and comb the ends of his hair with his hands.

"Ughh, you've always been such a party pooper, Shoto," pouted Kaminari, "Did you enjoy my acting of Katsuki Bakugo? After all, I did play pretend for 2 years. Honestly, you heroes are so gullible."

Silently, Todoroki tried to plan a way out of this. But it was impossible.

"But this is such a wonderful surprise, isn't it, Shoto? You thought I was someone you knew well, until, BAM! I was actually someone you haven't seen in years! Are you trembling of joy, Shoto? Aren't surprises so powerful?" he playfully ruffled Todoroki's hair, while laughing. Then he looked Todoroki up and down, then reached for his biceps, and Todoroki shivered at his touch. Clearly, Kaminari expected it, because he grinned wider.

"Gee, have you been working on these guys recently? I can tell," he said, looking at them with interest, "Oh, Shoto. You know, I'm jealous. You've always been so good-looking, even when you're in a state of fear, or unconscious. Hey, how do you do it? Why are you always so handsome no matter what you do? It kinda ticks me off a little." Todoroki swear he could feel electric static beginning to form on Kaminari's palm as he ran his hands over his muscles.

"W-Where...is...B-Bakugo?" stuttered Todoroki, avoiding eye contact. In slow response, Kaminari let go and looked around him curiously. Right, left, up, down, 360 degree spin.

"Funny, I don't see him," he said with a shrug. Todoroki bit hard on his tongue to stop himself from falling to the ground. This wasn't at all the conversation he planned to have with Kaminari.

"Y-You have Midoriya, too, don't you?" he coughed out. Then he attempted to glare at the yellow-haired traitor and said, "Hand. Him. Over."

"Who?" Kaminari tilted his head in confusion, as if he didn't know what he was talking about. Todoroki couldn't tell if he was serious or he took enjoyment in breaking his mental stability.

Has his heart grown so cold that he forgot the names of his former comrades?

"Half-and-half!" he heard a voice call him from behind the walls. Kaminari chuckled, and in came a panting Bakugo—the real Bakugo—his face red as if he had been running from his worst nightmare. He crouched down, trying to catch his breath.

No! thought Todoroki.

"I saw the lightning traitor..." Bakugo gasped, "I saw him...he...hah...he tied me...tied me up...I managed to escape ...but we have to....we have to leave now..."

"RUN! BAKUGO, GET OUT HERE!" Todoroki screamed with every bit of strength his lungs granted him. He collapsed to the floor, Surprisingly, Kaminari did nothing to stop him. Clearly, he wanted to see where this was really going.

Bakugo didn't run. He couldn't. The dark aura had trapped him, just like Todoroki.

Slowly, the blond looked up, and made eye contact with Kaminari's glowing yellow eyes, who was walking towards him with his hands in his pockets. Bakugo's eyes widened, and Todoroki was able to make out a fear that he thought Bakugo would never adopt. He was shaking from head to toe, and not because of all the running.

"Ah...Y...You..." he stuttered. Once Kaminari was only a few centimetres away from the blond, they stared at each other for a while. Meanwhile, Todoroki silently prayed for Bakugo to take at least one step back, and run away. To get out here, and never come back again, to forget all about this. Please.

Delicately, Kaminari picked up Bakugo's chin, and continued to stare with a mocking smile.

"Hello, blondie," he cooed. 

Sorry, this chapter is a little shorter compared to the others, but the next one will be longer. I think. 

What'd you think of this chapter? I was pretty pleased with it, but obviously, improvements will always be there. 

I'm actually doing horrible in school. My Functions marks are getting suuuuuuper low and I'm not doing too great in Physics either. I guess mathematical stuff is just not suited for me. 

Fun Fact about this story: In my story, (not in the real anime), Todoroki was the one Kaminari envied the most, so he quickly became someone Kaminari hated. He was surprised that someone could be the definition of perfect: Good Looks, Intelligence, Powerful, Popularity, and Kindness all in one. This is also one of the reasons why Kaminari thought he would be a villain, because he didn't want to have to compare to people like that. 

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!!!!!!!!