10.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I scrunched up my face

"I'm pregnant."

"Why was he upset about that? He should be happy?"

"He doesn't want kids. He set up for me to get an abortion and took me. When I got there I couldn't kill my baby. The nurse asked me why I wanted an abortion, so I spilled everything. I stayed in the room for three hours and helped me get papers as if I got the procedure."

"How long ago was this?"

"4 months ago." She cried. "He tried kicking me in my stomach several times but I protected her, Luna. I really did, I fought back this time."

"I know." I put her into a tight hug. I regret being so harsh to her. She didn't deserve any of it. We stood there hugging for the longest. I didn't want to let her go until she was ready. I wanted to know her to know she was safe now.

"Thank you."

"No problem, let's get you cleaned up." I took her hand going to my bathroom. I had her take a seat on the toilet as I squatted down looking for my first aid kit. Once I found it, I sat in front of her and began cleaning her face. She had a busted lip, bloody nose, and a black eye. He really did a number one her.

"That stings." She hissed.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "You didn't get any of my clothes."

She shook her head. "He wouldn't let me. I climbed out of the window when I asked to use the restroom."

"Did you hurt your stomach? Are you in any pain? I'll take you to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes."

"All done." I stood up. "I'll get you some clothes and stuff for you to take a shower."

I headed to my closet grabbing one of my dad's big shirts and a pair of my biker shorts. I went back into the bathroom seeing her with her shirt off.

"How the hell could you hide this?"

She shrugged. "Big clothes."

"Here you go. You can leave your dirty clothes on the cabinet and I'll wash them for you."

She nodded with a slight smile. I took a deep breath walking out leaving her. I laid back on my bed not believing all that has happened in the past 24 hours. I never thought things were bad for her. I'm glad I can finally help her though. I guess I dozed off because I felt light tapping on my leg causing me to quickly sit up rubbing my eyes.

"I'm finished."

"Okay, you sleepy or hungry?"

"I could eat."