29. Back At You

He ignored the sounds at first, thinking it was the neighbor's car that had stopped.
But the sounds sounded nearer, and out of curiosity, he went to the window of his room to see.

And his heart dropped to the floor as he saw Jin helping Y/N out of the car.

He quickly started to put on his shirt, and the sweatpants. He brushed his messy hair as fast as he could to make them look decent.

The doorbell rang, and he hurried downstairs, almost toppling down in the process.

Opening the door, he saw her, looking...
Dead.

She didn't look okay. She was showing the biggest smile ever, and had puffy eyes.

His heart broke into a million pieces once again.

"Hey, Jungkook. I missed you." She said and smiled.

"I-I missed you too. How have you been?" Jungkook faked a smile.

"Won't you give him a hug? He's been waiting for it forever." Jin nudged Jungkook.

"O-Oh, sure." She said and hugged him.

And quite surprisingly, it wasn't quite what he expected.

He expected something like a forced one, and awkward, of course.

But it was warm and fragile. She looked almost broken and worse than before. 

He realized...

That when she left, she took his heart, a part of his soul, a chunk of his mind and all o his happiness. 

He wants to hurt her the way she hurt him, but he also knows that he could never ever bring himself up to do it even if he had the chance.

She was just too precious or him, she still is.

She didn't let go, and neither did he. Jin had left them and gone to work, but they remained in each other's embrace, not even moving an inch. He was afraid she might break if he let go, and he held on. It hurt him to think that she'll never be his, but words left unspoken could destroy them both.

He wanted her to tell him the reason and say a proper goodbye, so he could decide whether to forget or hold on, waiting for her.

"Y/N, why?" He uttered and broke down in tears.