Kusuke narrowed his eyes and began shaking his head. "But there's also someone else I'm sensing... Actually, I'm sensing a lot of people."

Krillin gave them curious looks. "What? I don't sense anything." Then he stood as he felt the fighters as well. "I sense it now," he frowned.

"I also sense Freeza!" Gohan tensed.

"What? No way!" Krillin shook his head. "We saw Niya kill Freeza three years ago."

Kusuke frowned. "Something's wrong. Really wrong." The red jewel on his collar began softly blinking, as if warning him of terrible danger.

× × ×

The saiyan duo both turned to each other as they, too, sensed the discrepancies of energies.

"Why do I sense my father with Piccolo?" Trunks asked.

Niya's jewel also began blinking, and she looked down at it with a worried expression. All of a sudden, Niya gasped as she saw images flash before her eyes: three forms, destruction, and death. That was all she able to catch a glimpse of and feel. Then, the Red Jewel ceased to blink.

"Hey," a husky voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?"

Niya gasped and turned to Trunks, whose eyes were filled with worry. "Yes, I'm... I just saw something again."

"Was it the jewel again?" Trunks asked, eyes slightly wide. "What did you see?"

Niya blinked quickly, trying to bring back the flashes of the images. "I saw this... someone. And I saw fighting, everything being destroyed -- it was terrible. And then I... I felt this pain in my chest. Trunks... I felt death."

Trunks stared in disbelief. "You... die?"

Niya wasn't sure. "I don't know. But I'm certain someone important to us dies. It was really painful..."

Trunks lightly shook his head, then shook it firmly. "No. No. I won't let you die! I won't let anyone else we care about die! Even the innocents -- we have to save them!"

He then blasted off faster to Ginger Town, to where Piccolo and the strange energies were coming from. Niya matched him, following beside him.

× × ×

The closer the best friends grew to Ginger Town, the more apprehension Niya felt. She hadn't felt like that since Trunks and her had left from their timeline. She could tell Trunks could feel her uneasiness before he kept glancing at her from the corners of his eyes. Was it just her who felt dread?

Below them in Ginger Town, they heard the eerie silence that pierced the air. Clothes were scattered on the ground and danced in the lonely, howling wind. The familiar feeling of death and suffering tainted the air. Both Niya and Trunks felt sick, the tailed saiyan more than the other.

They sensed incredible power levels; there was a battle happening not too far from them now. Who was Piccolo fighting? It felt like he was Freeza, at times, like himself, and others times against Vegeta. It made no sense, but the strength from Piccolo's opponent was still immense. They noticed Piccolo's power jump as well, and noticed him and his opponent were almost evenly matched.

However, as they were about to reach the fighters, Niya sensed someone familiar and gasped. She turned to Trunks, who sped up with her and landed next to Piccolo.

The Namekian grit his teeth as he was looking up. The saiyan duo looked up as well and froze. They saw a green being, with an orange beak-like mouth, somewhat of a green crown protruding from his head. The creature's most notable feature was his long tail with a needle-like end. It's conniving tail was wrapped around a young boy, squeezing him.