Baseball pt. 2

A sad face
Will always turn
To a happy one - Author

Mary P.O.V

We soon arrived to the place and I smiled with excitement. Edward gets out first before appearing next to my door and opened it for me. I smiled as I got out of his car and his arm instantly wrapped around me. We both waited as everyone came and parked their cars. Bella was the last as she parked at the other side of us.

She got out of the car and I smiled waved at her which made her eyes roll at me. I looked at Edward who looks down at me and shake his head.

"Let's go." He smiles as I nod and we all walked towards the empty green field. Everyone practice while Edward stayed by my side.

"You can practice with them." I assured him, but he shakes his head and looks down at me.

"I'll stay by your side before the game starts. I don't want you getting hurt." He tells me softly as I scoffed and gently hit his chest knowing it won't do anything to him.

"I'm not clumsy. I'll be fine." I smiled which made him chuckle and hugs me. A thunder bolt appeared causing me to jump as Edward looks down at me with worry. I smiled up at him reassuring him that I was fine.

"Let's play!" Carlisle shouts.

"I'll watch over her." Mommy tells him and he smiled towards Esme before kissing my cheek and walking towards the game. I held mommy's hand as she held it as well smiling happily. I looked over at Bella to see her watching the game. I looked straight towards everyone else as another thunder strikes again as I sighed heavily feeling my heart beating fast. Esme rubs my shoulder as I look at her and gave a soft smile.

Past~

A thunder strikes from outside as I hid under the bed crying in fear. I heard the door open as I stopped a bit when I hear my voice being called.

"Baby girl? Where are you?" Mommy asked as I crawled out of the bed crying.

"Mommy!" I screamed and hugged her waist tightly. She carries me gently in her arms and held me tightly as I hear another stroke of thunder making me scream and cry.

"What's wrong?!" I hear Edward shout as he appears outside my door and so does everyone else.

"She's scared of lightning." Mommy tells him as I whimper and try to wipe my tears.

"Come here, princess." Mommy gently handed me towards Eddie as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He sat on my bed facing towards the window while he rubs my back.

"It's okay. Eddie is right here." He whispers softly and rubs my back. Another thunder came as I clutch onto Eddie more. He rocks me softly and hums in a gentle voice. My eyes became drowsy from his soft smooth voice as I lay my head on his shoulder. Every sound that I once heard was gone only leaving Eddie's voice. I slowly smiled and closed my eyes as my vision turned dark only leaving Eddie's soothing voice.

Present~

"You alright?" Mommy rubs my hand with her cold ones as I looked at her and smiled nodding my head.