Here At The City of Dreams

Wise men say only fools rush in But Everytime I watch the rain drops roll down the window and cleanse the surface translucent

But Everytime I watch the rain drops roll down the window and cleanse the surface translucent.
Everytime I Watch shelterless children with toothless smiles dance under the starless sky on the lamplit streets.
Everytime I Watch the masses travel in jam-packed locals holding on to rusted irons hanging by the doors with the wind whistling through their gelled hair and sweat soaked cottons.
Everytime I watch old women dressed in traditional know hows squatting by the street hawking and selling to keep up with the rat race and make ends meet.
Everytime I watch four storied tattered buildings that smell of sandalwood and old teak with small windows that open out and an old couple sigh while sipping on a tea cup.
And Everytime I walk through the cramped up slums with an intricate network of gullys all interconnected with houses so close that a window opens only to meet another with walls of varied colours and lives filled with darker ones
Everytime I watch skyscrapers that in a worm eye view seem to touch the sky with security checks that take hours to complete and lifts that open into homes and a rooftop view that sends shivers down the spine.
Everytime I catch a glimpse of A breathtaking skyline that looks like a bumpy road.
Everytime I watch the waves wet the shore and gulp the little sandcastle made by tiny humans with big dreams in little innocent eyes. 
And Everytime I watch the waves hit the rocks and the cool breeze make my hair dance and meet eyes with a couple on the corner that hide to keep alive their forbidden love from the sight of discrimination on the basis of Oh! Anything and everything.
And Everytime siting by the sea I drink the tea that always is a little too sweet with a hope that it'll help subside a tad little bit of the bitterness that resides in me.
I breathe salty cold air and I sigh in disbelief with my lips curl up into a little wistful smile at the irony.
And you Life
And you Bombay 
And wierdly enough you mediocrity.
I can't help falling in love with you.

                                                                               - y.v