Chapter 35

'They say that memories are the key to everything, in fact memories play such a big part in our lives; that they say that's what life's all about. Making memories, or so they say. I personally am just waiting to be awoken from this dreaded inside the head prison. It's extremely unnerving and pointless. Oh right, I still haven't introduced myself yet. My name is, Etherious Natsu Dragneel; and you're all going to regret hurting Juvia...'

The letter read as a peace of my heart froze, with every word I read a chill ran down my spine. Natsu was asleep, but while I passed out again they said he stayed with me in the room. The letter was under my sheet tucked into the pocket of my dress. But if the letter was for them, 'why would he leave it with me...? It makes no sense.' I shake my head as all these questions rummage through my head.

"You don't look so happy to hear about me." Natsu said beside me. I gasped from the scare he just gave me.

"Wait, Natsu or...?" I fumble through my head, trying to remember what was the name he said at the beginning while he introduced himself.

"Etherious." His eyes glowed a very bright and beautiful green.

"Right. Why isn't Natsu here?" I suddenly feel frightened. I missed Natsu and all I'm getting is his demon version, which I'm lately seeming to be always getting stuck with.

"I get it, we're not exactly 'the same', but you need to understand that my only reason of existence, is to protect you." He sighs.

"I don't care, I want Natsu. Not his cheap copy of an evil twin." I cross my arms as tears begin to form in my eyes.

"You never change. You're exactly the same as the rest of you. Bold, beautiful, strong, powerful, smart; but extremely stubborn and closed minded." He says before getting up and parts open the window shades.

"I'll be gone as soon as this is over with. I promise. For now, we just have to act like our normal selves."

"And what exactly is that?" I asked.

"No one can know I'm actually here. We need to act as if we were the normal Natsu and Juvia. However you guys used to be."

"We usually argue a lot. We also like to have lots of sex afterwards, and I'm not doing anything like that with you." I say bitterly.

"I mean besides that, like dates and stuff. Whether it's good or bad times, we need to also relax, until the witches play out their next move on us. So that way when the time comes, they won't see what's coming." He says with determination.

"Now can you please just act like a normal girlfriend, I'm still in here somewhere, isn't that enough for you?" He tightens his fists nervously. I sigh.

"Fine, but you're buying the food." I cross my arms.

"Anything for my girl." He winks and walks over to me.

"Do me a favor, would you?" He asks as he sits down in front of me.

"I'd like to actually have one day with you, one where it's just you and me. Before this is all over, get to know what it's like to be with you, to love you, to know your most vulnerable self..." he grabs my hand when he says the last part.

"Etherious, that's not exactly something I can promise. But you are Natsu, so technically it wouldn't be something bad. I don't know, this is all too weird."

"It's okay, take your time. We still have a long way to go, these witches take their time to make sure their plans always work. However, that's not gonna happen this time. We need to protect you and the others. Even if it means another war..." His eyes glow that bright shade of green again as he says the last part.