five ; the patronus charm

"I'm scared of the dark Mama." The much younger version of Envy said and the woman beside her, who she identified as her mother, shook her head.

"There's nothing to fear and when you awake, the roses, the sky, the sea, the butterflies, will be awaiting you my dear." Her dark hair fell over a few strands fell unto young Envy's face and she giggled. "You have to try to sleep Envy, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow."

"Yes Mama." Young Envy dragged out. "What if I'm put in Slytherin, just like Father? I don't want to be like Father, I want to be like you."

"If you're put in Slytherin Envy, you'll make your Father proud. Even if you're put in Ravenclaw, he'll still be proud." Her mother assured her. "Now sleep." She said and placed a kiss on top of her forehead before turning the light off and disappearing out the door.

And if young Envy knew that would be the last time she would ever see her mother, she would've jumped in her arms, crushed her with a million hugs and told her the three words any parent would want to hear escape from the lips of their children, "I love you."

*

Envy woke up stiff the following day, and she realized she fell asleep on the couch. After she told Connor that Dumbledore used the stone on her, he told her he needed to use the bathroom. She fell asleep waiting on him. As she sat up, she realized someone had thrown a blanket over her.

"You looked peaceful and I didn't want to wake you." Envy looked around and her eyes landed on Connor. His robes were slung over his shoulder and his hands were firmly in his pockets. "Now go shower and change, we're going to be late for class."

Envy snorted and shook her head. "I'm not a learner." It was Connor's turn to snort and Envy raised a brow at him.

"You don't have to be a learner for this class." It was then Envy knew he was talking about the class Harry was giving in the Room of Requirement. Envy shook her head, she didn't want to go back there, not after the way Harry spoke to her.

"You go ahead."

"I'm not leaving without you Envy Belva." He pressed. "I'll drag you into the shower myself if I have to."

Envy could feel the heat rise up to her cheeks and she looked away. "Fine." She muttered before tossing the blanket in his face.

"Some people just say thank you." He laughed and Envy smiled at him before making her way to the showers. Once she was cleaned up, she had to borrow the Ravenclaw uniform from a girl named Padma Patil, who was really keen on giving it to her. Envy then decided that for once in her life, she'd tie her hair up. "You took ages."

"I'm a girl, what did you expect?" Envy giggled at his facial expression and they left the Ravenclaw common room. Once they arrived at the Room of Requirement, Envy could feel her blood boil with anxiety. And she could feel her heart claw it's way up her throat. She closed her eyes for a moment, took a deep breath in and before they could enter, a voice made them both turn around.

"Crane, I didn't know you were into the dead." Envy knew that sneer on his pale face, she knew that tone of his voice. And although she had only met him once, she could spot that sneer from afar.

"Leave them alone Malfoy." A new voice joined and Envy looked beside her. Ron and Hermione stopped beside them and Ron pulled his wand out.

"Weasley, why bother to st-" Before Draco could finish his sentence, Ron tried cursing him by making him vomit slugs. But because his wand was broken, it backfired and hit him instead.

"I'll take him to the hospital wing." Hermione offered and walked off with a vomiting Ron.

"Weasley's, always so st-"

"Save it Draco." Envy narrowed her artic blue eyes at Draco and his own eyes grew wide. "Now, do me a favour and scram."

Once Draco finally left, they entered the Room of Requirement and it looked empty today. The only people Envy could identify were Luna, Ginny, Padma, Cho, Neville, Lavender and Harry.

"Envy? You're here?" Harry asked, clearly surprised. Envy guessed he was sure she wouldn't make it today because of yesterday. He was right to think so. She wouldn't have come if it weren't for Connor.

"I have nothing exciting to do except break people's noses, meet strangers and bump into Draco." Envy shrugged. "I wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Stop being so sarcastic Envy. Be kind." Connor whispered in her ear and Envy almost laughed. She was a Ravenclaw, not a Hufflepuff.

"I'm glad you're here." Harry smiled and Envy shrugged again. She wasn't expecting an apology from Harry, she barely knew him. Harry turned to face the group. "Today, we'll be learning the Patronus charm, and I have a feeling Envy over here can help."