Chapter 12: My note

Katey's POV

I wipe my tears from my face, whimpering from the thought of the note. I sit up groggily and looks around, I was a in small bedroom?

I get up and look out the window to see kids playing out in a huge backyard. I look closer to see little wolfs, they must have pet dogs.

I turn and walk out the door, I start walking down the hallways and I come across a mirror and I silently scream.

"What the fuck?" I say to myself looking at the mascara stained cheeks, I try to wipe it off but it smudged up even more. I groan and start combing my hair with my emergency brush in my pocket, until it was nice and smooth free of knots.

I sniffle slightly and walk on, I come to a huge stair case and I look down and my mouth opens in amazement. It was like a huge ballroom, but empty.

I walk downstairs slowly to meet with a little boy about 6 crying. I crouch beside him and I lift his chin up. His eyes meet mine and he smiles sadly.

"What's wrong Hun?" I ask, yeah I have a soft spot for kids, nothing wrong with that.

"I don't know where mummy is" he cries out and I hush him. And stand up holding out my hands for him

"Come on, we'll go find her!" I say and grabs my hand softly and we start to walk. Little kids took my mind off a lot of thing. We come to a stop and look around the huge library.

"What's your name little fella?" I ask and he looks up at me

"Tell me yours an ill tell you mine" he asks and I giggle at him and he smiles

"Well I'm Katey" he gasps and hugs my legs forgetting about the tears

"Your the one my big brothers been talking about all the time to me, He tells me everything!" He yells and I gasp

"You must be Cody" I exclaim and he nods his head in agreement. He sure did look like Aaron, same hair colour, eyes and nose.

"Me and you are gonna be together forever" he screams and I laugh loudly.

"Mummy" the little boy screams and wriggles out my grasp and I stumble forwardly from the force, how are little kids so strong?

I look up to see Cody running towards a women in her late 20s. She grabs Cody and bounces him high in the air, making him laugh loudly. She stops and looks at me grinning, she walks over to me and takes my hand in hers.

"Welcome Katey, I'm Liranda" she greets me and I shake her hand awkwardly

"Um, hi?" I say to her taking my hand back slowly, I hear a cough behind me and I turn to see Aaron holding the note in his hands. I stifle a cry, and my eyes start to get teary. I quickly wipe them away before anyone would notice, but Liranda did notice.

"This is my mum" Aaron reassures me and I gasp

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know" I apologise, and she smiles at me, putting down Cody and he runs to my legs and holds onto them tightly.

"Cody" Aaron glares and Cody tightens his grip

"Your just jealous" he tells him poking his tongue and I stiffle a laugh.

"Yeah I'm so jealous" Aaron rolls his eyes and I her Cody mumble 'you better be'.

"Well, Aaron can you take Cody for a walk outside. Me and Katey are gonna talk" Liranda tells him and he nods taking Cody away from, slightly touching me arm making a electric feeling go up my arm and I gasp. Once they were gone, Liranda takes my hand and we sit down at the table.

"Honey, have you read the note?" She asks me, and I nod at her. She pulls out the note and I whimper slightly

"What do you want me to do?" I ask and she pushes it to me.

"I want you to read it until you understand the key words" she asks me and I take the note shakily into my hands.

~Dear my baby Katey

I have done a horrible thing today and I will never forgive myself for it but I had to kill your mother because of human kind reasons. We don't accept wolfs in our community and if they try they are killed.

I hope you forgive me but I'll probably won't be there for you today. If you are reading this note, it is from your other parents. I hope you grow up to learn wolfs aren't always there for bad reasons.

I love you my baby and I'll always will

~Daddy

I break down in sobs, Liranda comes up behind me and starts to rub my back soothingly. The key words that I found were wolfs? Then I realise what's been hiding all my years.

Wolfs existed and my mum was one

__________________________
Katey isn't such a badass anymore is she? Such an emotional chapter, I hope you enjoyed it

2,000 reads for next chapter