68: Birthday Madness

Start from the beginning

"Yes Love Bug" April looked down at Kairi smiling from ear to ear and bent down to her height. This was a first for her. Kairi had never called her anything remotely close to ma or momma. Her heart was swelling with joy. She had never once asked her to call her anything but her name so to know she did it on her own and was comfortable with it April was overjoyed. This was the first time she had ever been called momma or even ma by a child. She wondered had anyone else besides them heard her. Of course she didn't care but she knew with Millie's family here she didn't know what to expect and she had to be ready for whatever just in case someone felt a little froggy.

"Come play with me" Kairi said as she rocked from side to side.

"Ok come on" April said and pecked her forehead then stood up ready to go play with her Love Bug.

"Kai Boogie this is how you treat ya uncle Nas" Nas looked down at her and pouted making her laugh and run to him and into his arms. "Happy Birthday Kai Boogie"

"Thank you" she hugged him.

"I got you a gift it's on the gift table"

"Thank you uncle Nas" she thanked him then looked at April and stuck her arms out for her.

"Well dang unc can't get no love" Nas joked as everyone laughed.

"Come on Love Bug" April put out her arms but Dave quickly intercepted and mugged her. April just put her hands up waving the flag. She wasn't about to go back and forth with him especially not here. She was pregnant not disabled but you couldn't tell Dave that shit. Shit Chris wouldn't even let her pick up Royalty. They could sit on her lap all day but picking them up was off limits. Dave took Kairi and placed her back on the ground and April grabbed and cupped her hand into hers. "Later boys me and my Love Bug bout to go have some fun it was nice meeting you Nas" she looked at him and smiled.

"You too" he said.

April and Kairi walked off and immersed themselves in fun and games. Kairi played with her until her friends came along and smooth dipped on her. April didn't mind though she was pooped. So she went and sat down with Alaina and Ebony.

"Aww somebody looks sweepy" Alaina said in a baby voice as April laid her head against her covering her mouth yawning.

"I am, this is me and lil seedlings nap time. I feel old as hell like I can't hang for shit" April pouted making them laugh.

"You'll be aight it's almost cake time and after that gifts and it's over" Ebony said and rubbed her stomach.

No one besides family knew she was pregnant. She and Chris were pretty much living in the moment until they both felt comfortable enough to post anything up about it. They knew that once they posted up people and media in general were going to have a field day. April could already see the headlines now. 'Billionaire April Blackmon and ex-fiancé turned best friend singer Chris Brown are expecting their second child together. But isn't she in a relationship with Harlem rapper Dave East?' They definitely didn't want any parts of that drama filled fiasco just yet. They wanted a peaceful pregnancy for as long as possible. Besides they already had some background drama that was more than enough and hopefully that shit was over and done because April was tired of all the arguing and fighting even though it had to be done.

"Enough bout me what's going on with y'all" April asked. Lately she felt like it was way too much attention on her and she didn't want it to be that way so she always made sure she kept up with both Alaina and Ebony.

"Well if y'all must know I finally let Bully take me out" Ebony said smiling from ear to ear. April was here for it and knew Bully was going to treat her cousin right.