68: Birthday Madness

Start from the beginning

"Lil Butt" Dave crept over and lifted her in his arms and up in the air making her laugh.

"Dance daddy" she said between laughs.

"Come on show daddy what ya got" Dave placed her back on the ground, fixed her rainbow tutu, and she started moving her little body dancing. This time Dave joined her doing a little dance of his own. "Come here ma" Dave looked at April and licked his lips.

"Nope not here you won't this is PG-13" April laughed shaking her head while keeping space between them. He had been on her all day.

"So what ya saying is ya man can't have this dance" he said as he danced his way closer to her.

"I'm not saying that but I know you. Ya sneaky Papi" she eyed him.

"If I want to be up on my woman and showing her love then that's what I'm a do" he mischievously smirked.

"Well when you say it like that how can I deny you" April smiled as they now danced together still keeping it PG. Next thing you know the whole crew was on the dance floor as well as her and Dave's parents. The family was all smiles as they hyped each other up making sure their two little girls were in the middle getting their shine on. Dave had disappeared into the crowd but April knew he was making sure he was kicking it with everyone and not being a rude host. A lot of people had shown up so he was playing his role and making his rounds and so far he was doing a good job.

"Hey ma" Dave snuck up on her from behind. "Follow me I want you to meet somebody" he whispered in her ear.

"Ok" April nodded and walked off with him.

"I know you know most of the people here already but not this one" he said as they walked side by side to a group of men talking and laughing.

"East" the dude dragged. April already knew who he was but this would be her first time meeting him.

"Nas sup" Dave said as they clapped it up and shared a brotherly hug. "Thanks for coming through"

"You already know anything for my Kai Boogie" Nas nodded with that Queens accent flowing heavy then looked at April and smirked.

"This must be the woman who had ya ass going through it a few months back. Had my boy all in his feelings" Nas joked but April knew he wasn't lying. Shit both she and Dave had each other in their feelings but she wasn't going to let Nas know that.

Dave chuckled. "Yea, yea, yea but yea this is she. Ma this is Nas my big brother and mentor. Nas this is my woman April" Dave said proudly introducing the two.

"Nice to finally meet you beautiful I've heard a lot bout you" he smiled, lifted up her hand, and placed a chaste kiss to it making her smile.

"Aye now nigga" Dave took April's hand away from his mugging him causing April, Nas, and the group of men to laugh.

"Don't mind him he's type protective bout his. Any, who nice to meet you too I hope all of what you've heard, were good things" April said and looked over at Dave.

"Absolutely but you've been on my radar for quite some time. I have to say I'm very impressed with you and ya work. You know I dabble in startup tech companies so I'm always looking at what's going on in the tech industry. You've really made ya mark" he complimented her. It was lovely to hear people talk about her career instead of her relationships. It was quite refreshing.

April smiled. "Thank you thank you"

"Ma" April heard a little voice and felt a tug on her oversized sweater making her heart flutter. She couldn't have been hearing right. "Momma" she heard the same voice again as Dave looked over at her grinning like the Cheshire cat.