I

the hostility

the hostility

✩✩✩

The next morning, Alana was awake before everyone else in the house. She had been awake for hours now, her dream eating away in her head. She recognized herself speaking but who was the other person? who were they talking about?

But Alana had pushed it away and instead stressed about today. She wondered if Jasper was going to ignore her now or if he was going to act weird. She wondered how things would work now that she knew everything. She knew their secret. Would they talk to her or would they secretly plan a hit on her to keep her quiet?

She leaned back in the kitchen seat as she sipped her coffee. Bella had rushed to her room sometime last night and told her everything that happened the day before. Alana briefly told her  that Jasper admitted it but nothing else. It felt personal.

Alana was so lost in her head, she hadn't noticed Edward outside until Bella ran down the stairs like a bat out of hell.

"The boys are driving us today, I guess" Bella rushed to put her coat on and Alana rolled her eyes, putting the mug on the sink and grabbing her stuff.

Outside, Edward and Jasper leaned agaisn't the Volvo. Jasper waited for Alana, opening the door for her and whispering a quiet 'hello'. When they arrived at school, Alana wanted to laugh.

Bella and Edward got out first, everyone was watching them and whispering. Alana hung back a bit, fixing her shirt sleeves and Jasper waited for her.

"Jesus, why is everyone so nosy" the girl whispered as they walked towards the front door. Jasper laughed softly but walked closely, their shoulders rubbing together, smiles on their faces.

"Everything ok? you're quiet" Alana asked as she shoved her bag in her locker, the blonde leaning agaisn't it "You don't, like,regret it?"

"Of course not, everything about yesterday was perfect. I just can't, uh, be around all of these people" his eyes looked around, swallowing thickly "Im the newest member of our diet so I struggle with containing myself"

"How do you do it with me then?" the girl closed the locker softly, holding her books on one arm while pushing a stray curl away from her face.

"Im not sure but your uh, you know, isn't appetizing to me. I don't have to constant burning in my throat or picture myself ripping your jugular out" He bluntly stated and Alana blinked.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Alana whispered softly, gripping her books with both hands now.

"I just told you I don't want to drain you of your blood and you think somethings wrong?" he laughed before shaking his head and placing his hand under her chin "You're perfect"

She smiled like a love sick puppy and stood in her tippy toes, her lips hovering over his. She stood like that until he grabbed the back of her neck and softly kissed her before letting her go and with a smile, walking away.

Her smiled wouldn't go away even if she wanted it to. She walked to her first period and sat in her seat, smiling still.

"Oh great, now you're all soft" Emmett groaned playfully as he sat next to the smiling girl "So you know, huh?"

Alana smile slowly disappeared and she nodded slowly

"Well it was about damn time!"

Alana laughed loudly and quickly was shushed by her teacher who threatened to give both her and Emmett detention but they knew she was bluffing. They continued to share snide comments anyways.

They quickly departed as Alana headed to art class. Soon as she walked in, she spotted Rosalie who sat in their usual seat, already drawing away.

"Hey Rose" the girl greeted as she sat down but was met by silence. She frowned but sat anyways and started to draw away. Half way through the class she had enough of her friend ignoring her "Look Rose, I know you probably don't like me right now but I would never tell"

The blonde scoffed loudly "This isn't just another petty high school relationship Alana, for us, this is life or death. If your sister decides to run her big mouth, we're dead. If you and Jasper ever fight and you decide to go around and tell your precious sheriff, we're going to have to pack everything and move. This isn't another petty relationship Alana"

"I would never Rose, I respect privacy and I know better than to risk everyone's life over a simple breakup. I though you knew me better Rose, I really did" Alana shook her head in disappointment and stood, walking out of the class quickly with unshed tears in her eyes.

Instead of going to lunch, the girl hid in the bathroom. She couldn't let Jasper see her like this, much less Bella. It might sound like Alana was overreacting but the hostility in Rose's voice hurt her. The way Rose looked at her as if she was a threat. She really considered Rosalie a friend and prided herself in knowing quiet a lot about her, she though Rosalie knew her too.

When she was younger, she was one of the mean girls in middle school. Her father ended up finding out that  Alana was bullying kids for petty reasons. She was insecure with herself so instead of embracing it, she took it out on others. She had never seen her dad so disappointed . After a lengthy lecture from her dad, he took her outside. He sat her down on the sidewalk and taught her that secrets were private. He taught her that Alana had no right to go around and spew out other peoples secret. He was disappointed that she even thought it was ok to do it. 

It probably sounds like something that is obvious but to Alana, her hero having to sit her down and tell her he was disappointed, hit her hard. She was just trying to make herself feel better, even if it was at the expense of others. That day she learned two important lessons, to respect peoples secret and to never drag someone down for her own benefit.

With a heavy heart, she walked to class, refusing to let Rosalie's bitter words affect her. After making sure her eyes were no longer red and her face wasn't tear stained, she stepped in. A smile immediately grew as she spotted Jasper. When he saw her, he noticeably relaxed.

"You weren't in lunch" he stated "Everything ok?"

"Fantastic" She whispered with a smile, hoping he wouldn't ask anything else. 

Sometime during class, while Jasper stood to get some utensils for an experiment,Alice turned in her seat.

"She didn't mean to hurt you" she simply said and Alana looked at her confused before she remembered, Alice's powers "She's just worried"

"I know, I get it, but I think I was just disappointed she though so low of me. I though I had made a better impression" Alana said softly while Alice just squeezed her hand before turning back around, Jasper sitting next to the brown skinned girl again.

The class was all smiles and giggles. The two walked out hand in hand, Mike looking at them with a frown. Jasper only glared while Alana chuckled under her breath. 

"Hey, I want you to come to the house tomorrow" Jasper whispered as he played with her hair. The two had went home and Alana managed to sneak him inside without her mom or Charlie seeing them "Bella's also coming"

"But, what if they don't like me?" The girl asked timidly as she sat next to higher finger playing with his cold ones.

"They'll love you" He kissed her forehead softly before his head snapped up, listening to something. His fingers slowly let go of the curl he was holding and he stood from her bed "I'll pick you up tomorrow"

She looked at him confused as to why he decided to leave so hastily but nodded, watching as he walked over to her window, pushing it open. He then jumped, making her run with a gasp but only seeing as he flashed away. A smile slowly growing on her lips