Chapter 6.

One Week Later
Pidge was very confused at the moment, feeling as though she had just forgotten something very important. She didn't know why, but she knew that a machine of hers was missing. And that there was something odd about the Galra.

Her teammates assumed that she had made up what she told them about, but were confused when she still didn't remember after they told her.

Allura: I'm a little worried about Pidge, she started acting off since she went to see the Galra...

Shiro: Yeah, it seems like something must have happened in that interaction, especially since Pidge asked the guards to leave, apparently.

Lance and Hunk went pale.

Hunk: Wait, you aren't suggesting that...?

Shiro shrugged.

Shiro: Maybe he did. But Commander Madvos said nothing about them being able to open the cell. Maybe he just scratched her or something.

Lance narrowed his eyes. First the Galra killed the person he had wanted to ask out since the first mission, and now he might have done something awful to one of his closest friends.

Lance went over to the door angrily, the two guards were asked to leave them alone while Lance asked the Galra some questions.

He also asked them if he could have the keys to the cell. The remaining guard obliged.

Lance was taken aback by the state the Galra was in, but that didn't halt his determination to get some answers. How was it taking so long for him to confess what he did?!

Madvos had told the team that they tried their honesty tests, but apparently they didn't work on Marmoran Galra. Lance wasn't sure to believe that or not. Especially as the Galra prompted Remos to turn on Madvos and be killed.

However, he was somewhat intrigued—though ultimately not surprised—that there were Galra subspecies. It was interesting to know where the name Blade of Marmora came from. They were originally the military force of the planet Marmora, which was where that subspecies of Galra lived.

The fact that the prisoner was a Marmoran Galra only served as more evidence towards him being a soldier who killed Keith. As apparently Marmoran Galra were highly valued for their extra durability, strength, and senses. As well as their immunity to viruses and diseases. So they were often guaranteed military positions. Aside from one, single, potential circumstance.

Lance didn't know how long it took before the Galra noticed he was there, but when he did, he saw the slightest gleam of relief in his eyes.

Keith: H—Hi...

Lance wasn't sure how to proceed from that point. Peering down and noticing traces of blood on the ground, what would have been a mess at one point. Lance narrowed his eyes.

Lance: Who's blood is that? On the ground?

The Galra's ears went down slightly, but he still replied.

Keith: Mine... Didn't Madvos at least tell you how he was getting information from me...?

This surprised Lance, but he was still skeptical.

Lance: And, why would he not tell us he was torturing you?

The Galra's eyes went wide and his ears went down considerably as he spoke up.

Keith: You, would have been fine with them torturing me...?

For some reason, this struck a chord with Lance. He shook his head, and didn't like how scared the Galra looked.