Chapter 3.

(WARNING: There's a very sensitive topic/occurrence that happens in this chapter! Read with caution if you're sensitive to topics like miscarriage.)

Three Days Later
Keith kept letting the head guard punch him in the face, keeping them distracted from hitting his stomach. He had already begged them to believe him three times that morning, but the guards wouldn't have it.

Head Guard: Alright, I will ask this. One. Last. Time. Tell the truth! Otherwise you'll regret even being born in the first place!

Keith had blood coming out of his mouth as he sputtered out.

Keith: B—But I already regret being born...

Head Guard: Good for you! You actually have some self awareness. Nice to know that at least one of you filthy things knows what they are. I'm talking about a, different kind, of pain. I know why you're "sick", you're not really sick, we did a scan of your body and saw something in your middle area. It looked a little like a developing body.

Keith's eyes widened and his ears went down, the guard smirked. The condescending tone of the guard's voice just made him more wary.

Head Guard: Yeah, exactly. So just tell the truth, or else you can forget about bearing that thing any longer than today!

Keith saw the violence in the guard's eyes and began to panic.

Keith: If I said I was a soldier I'd be lying, it was just a disguise to avoid the Galra catching me! I didn't kill him! But you'll never believe me will you?! You won't even give me a chance to prove that I'm innocent!—

Head Guard: You are on very thin ice, Galra!

Keith: No no no! Please! This cub is all I have! You can kill me as soon as they're born, I don't care! At least let me prove that I'm innocent! At least give the cub a chance to live!—

Suddenly Keith was slammed against the wall in a choke hold.

Head Guard: I know, you are innocent, I get it. You had no blood on your hands, or on your weapon when they found you. The dead body turned out to be someone completely different while you look identical besides the different species. But you know what? The team needs someone to blame for what happened, if this all blows over the way it should, they'll recover faster, and they can go back to wiping your disgusting species off the face of this universe!

A tear slid down Keith's cheek.

Head Guard: So just cooperate, give us the information we want to hear, and let's all move on with our lives, without you of course.

If Keith was in his human body he would have gone pale. They knew, and they were still going to do this to him, to his cub!

Head Guard: C'mon, we're too far in this process now, if they found out the truth they would be disgusted, and you want them to think well of you in death. Correct, Red Paladin?

Keith looked down and nodded. He couldn't argue with that, he was right after all. If they were willing to treat him this way when they had no real evidence of him being the perpetrator, why would they act differently if they knew, that he was this? No, it was better they never found out.

Keith: I—I remember a screen with some information on it during the mission, I'll tell you what was on it... just let my cub live... kill me if you want, but, they won't be able to know the truth... you can give them to someone else to take care of if you don't want them around, but, let them live...

Keith saw a glint of pity flash through the guards eyes, and then it was gone.

Head Guard: If you have information, provide it.