'Let us go get drunk,' she said with a grin.

'Let's!' I chuckled back.

We headed home on the subway and three hours later, we were ready in our dresses and heels. I'd chosen a very tight, short and strappy black dress for tonight. Penny blow dried my hair so it was high and extremely voluminous and brought her own up into a tight Ariana Grande style ponytail along with a similar little number to my own dress, only in red.

We had a little drink in our room for courage before getting our things together and heading for a cab. Georgie wasn't able to join us as he had plans with some theatre friends so it was just the two of us tonight. It would be a nice bit of quality time spent with Penny, having a quiet drink in our booth and a little dance later on.

Shortly afterwards, we arrived at the club and Penny got us inside with no problems. She'd told the doorman she was a friend of Daniel's again and he let her right inside, something I wanted to question but felt like it wasn't my business.

We found our reserved booth and got right down to drinking, sipping perfect cocktails as we chatted about our week.

'So, she actually tried her luck with him and got rejected?' Penny asked, stunned by the whole ordeal. 'How embarrassing?!'

'I know, right?' I exclaimed. 'She's such a little skank, I hope I don't see her tonight.'

'Oh, Bethan, I'm praying you don't see her tonight,' Penny groaned. 'I can't be breaking up fights.'

'Don't worry,' I replied. 'I wouldn't risk everything over the likes of her. I just know when the time comes that we bump into each other, I'll just give her a look that lets her know that I know and I'll make sure she feels very fucking stupid too.'

'I'm sure she already does,' Penny chuckled. 'She probably planned it all out the second you guys broke up and then he pushes her, physically pushes her!'

'I'm so glad he did,' I sighed.

'That just shows you doesn't it?' Penny said with a smile. 'His heart is all yours.'

'Don't,' I said, closing my eyes softly as her words hit me like a brick. 'I can't think like that.'

'Well, it seems to me like you have made up your mind,' she said with a shrug.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'I think you've truly moved past getting your relationship back on track,' she said.

I instantly felt a loss inside of me when she said it, like I wanted to grieve something. I didn't think I'd moved past anything. I didn't know what I wanted.

'It's a good thing,' she said upon seeing my expression. 'Bethan, you guys were back and forth. I just want you to be happy and I think you're happier single.'

'That makes me sad,' I admitted. 'For him. Especially after our phone call last night.'

'It will be hard,' she said. 'He will move on too.'

I nodded, trying not to imagine Cal with another girl but shaking the thought of him out of my head completely as a waitress approached the table with a tray of shots. Penny bought six of them and we clinked our tiny glasses before throwing them back, almost choking on the burning in our throats before chuckling and getting up to have a dance together by our booth.

Every time the waitress passed by us, I purchased more shots from her. Eventually, I lost count of how many I had consumed and judging by Penny's drowsy eyes and unsteady dance moves, she had too. She took a seat and tried to gather herself and I chuckled, moving further into the crowd of people dancing. I was extremely drunk but handling it a little better than her and I enjoyed the feeling of not being in control. For once, I could just let loose and have the alcohol decide what I did and how I did it, not caring how it made me look in the process.