I knew that she would be wondering if I would fight for her. I knew that she would maybe be hoping that I would fight. Deep down, the look in her eyes had told me that I had pushed her too far, but I knew it didn't mean she would just stop loving me suddenly. She would want me to fight. She would want me to make her see how sorry I was and that things would change. Truthfully, the mindset that I had taken myself back to had not only made me switch off my emotions, but had also made me see that she was so much better off without me. It was a fact that I had always known back in The Falls when she and I first come across each other. A fact I had quickly gotten over when she'd told me she loved me for the very first time. A fact I now believed once again after I had fucked up too badly this time.

As soon as I was ready, I drove my car to the fancy building where I was having my consult with the lawyer and after parking up I headed right inside. I gave the secretary my details and waited around five minutes before a smartly dressed older man with glasses and a balding head came out to greet me.

'Callan Lakey,' he said with a smile and I almost groaned at the use of my real name.

'Yeah, hey,' I said with a nod as I stood.

'My name is Graham. Nice to meet you,' he said, shaking my hand politely as he eyeballed the ink on my face. 'Come right this way.'

I followed him back through the door and into his office which was large with smooth grey decor and a large oak desk in front of a huge window. There was also a sofa in the centre of the room to which he took a seat at and I shifted uncomfortably for a moment before moving to join him, as strange as it seemed.

'I'm all about my clients being comfortable and relaxed whilst we work together so please take a seat with me,' he began as he sorted through some papers in his hand. 'I've read over your enquiry and the notes and I'm aware that you're seeking some legal advice regarding an assault, yes?'

'Yeah,' I said with a nod. 'I assaulted a guy. I guess I'm just trying to be one step ahead before he reports me.'

'So, this happened yesterday, am I correct?' he asked.

'Yeah,' I replied.

'So, you hit the young man repeatedly in the face,' he said, reading from the notes.

'That's right,' I replied, glancing at the door wanting to leave. Truthfully, I didn't give a shit if he reported me. Back in the day, I wouldn't have worried at all but now I had a business to manage and a reputation to uphold for that business.

'Have the police contacted you?' he asked me

'No,' I said, shaking my head. 'I'm sure they will. He and I have never gotten along and he was probably waiting for this moment to come.'

'Okay,' Graham said with a nod. 'Tell me more about what happened.'

'Well, that's it really,' I said with a shrug. 'I stormed into the classroom and dragged him outside. I beat him up and then we got split up by my girl-, by my ex-girlfriend, and then campus security escorted me away.'

'Was the reason you assaulted him something to do with your ex-girlfriend?' he asked me.

'How is that relevant?' I asked with a frown.

'Well, I just need all of the details, even the ones that may seem minor,' he told me as he began scribbling some notes.

'I'm not going to talk about her,' I said. 'It's nothing to do with her. It's about me and him.'

'Okay, Callan, I just want to get more of a clear picture on-.' I sat forward quickly and looked him in the eye as he leaned back away from me and stopped talking.