Him

Today was another day of school. I got up and got dressed. I threw on some black leggings and a red loose pullover. I grabbed a pare of activity shorts and a T-shirt and stuffed them into my bag since i had gym today. I quickly brushed through my sea of hair and threw it into a high ponytail. I ran downstairs and grabbed my bagel and ran outside to my moms car. Me and Alex got off at the curb and he ran of to his friends. I walked over to my group and spotted Lindsey. Why was she talking with my friends. What was going on? I was scared what happened. Just when I was going to turn around and go to Alex when Lindsey called to me. "Oh hi Claire, Haven't seen you in a while." she said to me as she walked closer to me. I froze. What do I do, what should i say? She stopped so she was right in font of me.

"My apologies I cant stay long to talk. But I promise I'll get back to you." As she spoke I could feel her breath, something about her smile and voice sent chills up my spine. She pushed the stands of hair falling on my shoulder back. "Nice hair, suites you." she said and i could hear the disgust in her voice. I watched her and Beck walk away, are things going back to old times. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw a message from Alex. "Why was Lindsey talking to you? What did she do?" it read. Oh no he had seen everything. I look over at him his hands are balled up into tight fists. I replied telling him nothing major had happened. I shut my phone off so I didn't have to reply to the other 20 messages I knew he would send. The bell rang and me and my friends walked to class. I was sure to stay clear of Lindsey, for now.

********

It was time for gym and I was in the locker room getting changed. As I was changing I overheard Lindsey and Beck talking. "Oh My God Becky, Henry is just so cute right?" Lindsey said, her voice more squeaky than usual. Who was Henry?

"Ya, You too are just perfect together." Beck said back to her.

"I know we are. I also know that he WILL ask me out soon. Like look at me, we have so much in common." Lindsey said. Oh Henry was one of them. Right there and then I knew he couldn't be any good. If he had even a single thing in common with Lindsey then I don't want to know him. I imagined him, snobby and rude always wearing sunglasses even inside, making fun of everyone he sees.

"Ya totally. But what if he doesn't?" Beck said back and I could see by the way Lindsey's face turned all red that she was mad.

"Beck he will okay. And the first girl that goes near MY Henry I will go ballistic." Lindsey said and with that she flipped her hair and went out to the gym.

********

Lunch finally. As I walked into the cafeteria I couldn't find any of my friends so I decided to wait for them in the hallway. I walked out and sat on one of the benches that were to the side of the office. I took out a book and my lunch and began to eat. A few minutes I heard a voice and looked up.

There stood a tall boy. He had brow hair that looked to like it had been blown around by the wind. He wore a black hoodie with blue pants. He had red shoes on and was pacing back and forth and mumbling to himself.

"You know talking to yourself is the first sigh of going crazy." OH GOD, did I just say that out. The boy looked up. His eyes were beautiful, they were light brown and something about them were just so warm and welcoming. He smiled at me.

"Well I guess I'm going mad huh." He said with a small laugh. "Its just that today is my first day of school since I moved here last week and I'm sorta late if you cant tell. But it wasn't my fault OK, I saw a bunny on the street and helped it into the woods and then I got lost and fell and it took me a while to find my way back." he said. I knew that wasn't true.

"I don't believe that, first of all if you were frolicking though the woods you would have dirt on your pants and leaves in your hair. Also your not so good at lying." I say. Why was I still talking, stupid mouth why is it still moving. The boy smiled at me and showed his white teeth.

"Who said anything about frolicking?" he said with a small laugh. I gave a short laugh and raised my eyebrows waiting for the real reason.

"Well truth is that I slept in and I'm trying to find an excuse not to get into trouble." He looked down at his feet as if he was embarrassed.

"Just tell the truth. They wont mind its only the beginning of the year." I say. He looks up and I give him a small smile.

"Thanks. I guess I should do that now." He says as he starts towards the office. "Oh wait I never caught your name." He said

"That's because I never told you." I say with a smile. He looks at me and laughs. "Its Claire" I say

" Nice to meet you Claire. I will look for you later." He says and walks to the door. He looks back at me and smiles.

"I'm Henry by the way." With that he was gone. I froze. Henry the boy that Lindsey had claimed. What have I got myself into now.