Having a good time?

I took my seat in the back of Christophere's dad's dark green jeep and shut my door slowly tossing away the idea of making a run for it.

"Hey!" Chris and Henry said almost in sync. Sarah responded with a joyful 'Hello' and I nodded and let out a weak

"hi." As we started to drive off I turned my attention towards the window. I heard Chris start cracking jokes and everyone laughing, everyone except me. I sat there lost in my train of thought, out of all those thoughts the one flashing like a bright yellow light was Lindsey. If she found out there would be no stopping her. I've seen what she dose to girls who cross her. Shes cruel, she could ruin my life with a snap of her fingers. I trembled at the thought.

I felt someone poke my side and I shot my head around to see that we were parked in front of a huge light pink and white house, the drive was packed with cars and they also lead out onto the street. We got out of the car, as Chris's dad drove away. I just stood there for a minute just looking around. All the lights were on and there were groups of people standing in the lawn and at the door. I saw Henry appear at my side along with Chris and Sarah. We made our way towards the house, my heart beat accelerated and my palms became sweaty. I was never good at parties, with all the people and music so loud that I cant even hear myself think.

We approached the front door and I was taken in by loud music blaring from inside I let out a shaky sight as we walked in. The hallway was crowded by people I had never seen before. I was having trouble getting thought all of them till Henry grabbed my hand and pulled me towards what I thought was the kitchen.

There weren't many people in there so all four of stayed in there. Everyone was talking and having a great time but I couldn't bring myself to do anything, I started fiddling with the sleeves of my sweater. Sarah noticed my weird behavior and pulled me aside.

"Okay, whats wrong with you?" she asked me. I shook my head,

"Nothing." I lied. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, really because it dosen't seem like that. Now you better tell me the truth Claire." She said looking me dead in the eye.

I sighed, "I'm just afraid okay. What if Lindsey finds out, she'll ruin my life." Sarah shook her head.

"Claire that shouldn't stop you from having fun. Listen to me Lindsey doesn't matter" I opened my mouth to argue but she cut me off. "No don't say anything just answer this, you like Henry right? And don't even think about ling Donovan." I rolled my eyes and nodded. She smiled and laughed.

"And Henry likes you so..." she began

"Wait a minute how can you be so sure Sarah, last time i checked you weren't a mind reader." I said crossing my hands over my chest and waiting for her to speak again.

"Chris told me." she shrugged.

"What. When.." she cut me off again.

"That dosen't matter just listen dummy. There's nothing Lindsey can do to take this away from you, unless shes some sort of mind controlling witch." Sarah said.

"Um, she could be!" I said. We laughed and made our way back towards the guys. I kept what Sarah said in my mind and joined in on the conversation.

About 2 hours later we decided to go home. Chris called up his dad and said he would be here in about 10 minutes. This night was actually pretty fun when I listened to Sarah, but there was no way I was telling her that. We stood there waiting but Henry pulled me aside.

"Did you have a good time?" he asked I nodded and smiled.

"We should do this again, just me and you." he smiled and so did I. I can't believe what he just said. He was about to continue when Chris told us his dad was outside. We made our way to his dad's car.

Soon we were pulling up to mine and Sarah's street when Sarah asked a question.

"Who's house was that anyways?" she asked and Chris responded before we got out. With my hand on the door I heard a name that made my heart jump.

"Lindsey Cooper's."