Heels

"Catra get ready or your going to be late!"

I groaned rolling myself around my bed.

"What did I say?!"

I turn to see my mother coming towards me with the belt in her hand. I flinched moving myself back against the wall.

Please no...

I closed my eyes tight waiting for something to happen. Nothing.

"Good girl," she smiled at me as I opened my eyes.

She left leaving me terrified. I breathe in and out.

A kid shouldn't be woken up like that.

I got out of bed feeling the cold against my skin. Hugging myself for warmth.

"A new school... New people... that's just great," I scolded.

I got dressed putting on my jeans and a shirt. Getting my hoodie out of the closet. I head to the bathroom. Grabbed my toothbrush to brush my teeth and brushed my hair.

"Why does my hair have to be so tangled," I mumbled.

I got out of the bathroom grabbing my bookbag on the couch as I head out the door. I didn't bother to eat breakfast if I already know she hasn't cooked anything. I grabbed my bookbag taking out some money in the front pocket.

"Now to the cafe," I sighed.

Walking around my small town was quiet and calmed. I never knew anyone there. Taking out my phone and headphones I put on some music. Covering my face with my hoodie I listening to my musical playlist.

"We've been way too out of touch~" I sang softly to the song. "Things have been crazy and it sucks that we don't talk that-"

I was bumped by a person, falling to the ground. My body slammed to the floor feeling the pain go through my skin.

"Watch it," said a girl with her hair looking like french fries.

I growled clenching my hands till a blonde boy came up to me.

"Sorry about her, but are you okay?"

I calm myself down.

"I'm fine," I said bringing myself up.

"Hey your eyes are cool," he smiles.

No one has ever....

"For a freak, now let's go Kyle," the girl in front of him said.

They both left as I went the other way to the Cafe.

I don't need people pissing me off right now.

I walked to the cafe opening the door taking off one of my headphones. I entered it hearing whispers go all around me. I know what they say about me. How I'm a freak for my eyes. No one in the world that I have met is just like me. Not even my parents. I hide myself deeper in my hood as I go to the front counter to see no line.

"Order ma'am?" The lady in front of me asked.

"One coffee and a sandwich," I tell her.

"Alright, that would be $3.57," she looked at me.

I nodded my head taking the money out of my pocket.

Shit, I only brought $2...

I didn't know what to do. I started to get nervous not knowing what to do as I counted the money I got.

Dammit!

I turn back to the woman to find her gone.

"Um, don't you need my money?" I said to her watching her take my order.