The cold shoulder - Tordmatt

Okay so this one is highly inspired by Vampire Weekend's song called "Campus". It's a really good song btw! And, to me, the song is not about boning a teacher like c'mon guys =.=

Anyway, lmfao, the two are in college during this! Tord's gonna be a jerk most of the time, and you'll see why?

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

3rd Person PoV:

Matt had just finished getting ready for another sucky day at college, leaving his apartment and locking the door behind himself. He frustratedly grumbled as he left the building, heading off to the nearby college. He couldn't afford a car, which is why he had to go on foot. He adjusted his purple-ish and blue-ish backpack, knowing that it would be a lot heavier after the school day ended. He walked for a short bit, sometimes kicking pebbles that laid on the sidewalk in front of him. It didn't take too long for him to reach the campus, and he paused to take a look around. It seemed like the gardening club had planted some flowers, mostly red roses and small white flowers that he didn't recognize. He was about to look at a patch of flowers to his left, but he saw someone familiar looking at the patches to the right.

The male had dark brown devil horns on his head, seemingly his hair. He was also wearing a red hoodie under a black coat, which had its collar popped. Matt took a moment, but remembered who it was. The male's name was Tord, and Matt often found him sitting outside on the grass and large rocks after school was over. Tord often liked to read, and he was rather quiet. Though, Matt felt like Tord was only quiet around him, because Tord would yell across the hall to his friends Paul and Patryck. Matt's smile dropped at that thought, but he tried to doubt it. He changed his frown to a smile, walking over to Tord.

"Hey! Your name's Tord, right?" The ginger greeted, Tord looking away from the flowers and standing up straight. "Yeah." Was all he replied with. Matt was taken aback by the male's careless attitude, but he was fine with it after a bit of thinking. "Cool! I'm Matt, if you were wondering. So... what'cha doing?" Matt asked, Tord cracking a small smile that he switched to a neutral look. "Looking at flowers, what does it look like?" Tord responded rudely, turning away to continue looking among the flowers. Matt tilted his head a bit from confusion, and Tord glanced back at him.

'I mean, I guess it was a bit of a dumb question.' Matt thought, which made his smile drop again. "...Okay. Well, I never knew that you liked flowers! What kind is your favorite?" Matt questioned, trying to lighten the mood. "...Dandelions." Tord replied, his face turning a light pink. Matt's eyebrows raised a bit, the answer from Tord causing him to ponder. "Dandelions? Really? Why is that?" Tord frowned a bit at Matt, getting annoyed from all of the questions. "Why do you care? Aren't I just some guy you had a group project with once?" Tord queried, crossing his arms as if Matt was wasting his time. "I mean... kinda... but-" Tord cut Matt off. "Whatever, leave me alone."

Tord started to run off, Matt standing there for a moment before running after him. "Tord, wait! I'm sorry if I happened to offend you!" Tord looked back at Matt, then picked up his pace until he entered the college building. Then, he darted down a hallway, and hid inside the boy's locker room. Though, Matt was a bit behind, so he didn't see Tord when he went into the hall. He loitered around there for a while, hoping that Tord would eventually become bored and head out of wherever he was hiding.

After a longer while, Matt sighed and decided to go to class. 'Maybe he just wants some alone time?' Matt thought to himself, walking off to his first period classroom. Throughout the entire day, Matt had been thinking about Tord. Yes, a bit obsessive, but he didn't want Tord to dislike him after what had happened that morning.

When the school day was over, Matt exited the college building, going out onto the rest of the campus. Then, he paused, seeing Tord walking off and adjusting his black backpack. Matt's face brightened, and he went over to apologize. He thought that Tord was probably just overwhelmed when he'd asked all of those questions, so he planned on being a bit easier on the male now. He went up to Tord, smiling. "Hiya, Tord!" He greeted, Tord glancing at him and rolling his gray orbs. "What do you want?" Tord asked, starting to walk a bit faster in a different direction. "I... uh..." Matt wasn't too sure what to say, but he caught up to Tord as he thought about it.