21

He gave in, following me into the kitchen, where everyone was talking and eating- the kids surprisingly calm.

I then heard a baby crying from the rooms.

"You'll get her?" Veronica asked, looking to me.

I nodded, leaving the room.

Of course they followed.

I went to the babies room, seeing her crying as she laid on her back from her nap.

"What's wrong" I spoke, leaning over to touch her with my good hand.

I kept his sleeve over the wrapped hand, carefully picking the baby up, holding her to me as I bounced, going towards the window.

She immediately stopped crying

She just wanted someone to hold her.

"Do you like taking care of the kids?" One of the workers asked, making me turn to them.

"Yeah- I don't mind" I lied, seeing Luke roll his eyes.

He knew I hated kids.

"Ever get attached to them?" He asked me.

I stayed quiet, thinking.

"I mean- it's not that I get attached, I just want the best for them, I don't want them to feel alone" I spoke truthfully.

He nodded lightly as they all looked to me, making me turn away from them yet again.

I soon bounced the baby back to sleep, making me carefully lay her back down, making sure she didn't wake back up.

"Okay" I whispered, motioning for them to leave.

I followed them out, pulling the door.

Luke walked in front of me, right until a little girl came running down the hall, running straight into Luke.

"You okay?" Luke immediately asked as she fell onto her butt, looking up towards him.

She immediately gave a firm nod, letting him help her up.

"Thank you" she spoke before taking off running again.

The next few hours consisted of me trying to hide my hand while handling bad ass children.

Luke.

We watched Veronica and Harley run around, trying to handle the kids- but they were completely out numbered.

I watched as Harley spoke to one of the kids who was having a complete meltdown.

"Calm down" Harley spoke, holding the boys arms into her hands, which were covered by my jacket.

He continued to scream

I watched as he literally hit her in the face, making me quickly stand, but she didn't react.

"Why are you hitting?" She asked him calmly, a red mark already forming on her cheek.

"Let me go!" He cried.

"Calm down and I will let you go."

We all watched as he slowly stopped crying, wiping his tears after a few moments.

"Are you okay?" She asked him after a moment.

He gave a firm nod, making her nod.

"Go be nice" she let him go, making him walk away.

I grabbed her elbow, helping her up slowly.

"You okay?" I asked, rubbing my thumb across the perfect little handprint on her face.

"Yeah, it's no big deal" she exhaled slowly.

"You handled it well" a worker spoke, making her smile lightly towards him.

"When do they leave?" She whispered to me, making me immediately glance towards them- making sure they were listening.

"After everyone has been put to bed, why?" I asked her quietly, seeing her nod slowly.

"Just wondering"

She was acting weird

Harley.

I sat in the bathroom, trying to regain the composure to redo my bandage due to me bleeding through it.

I felt like shit

I knew the blood was making me sick- just because I'm blood sensitive.

I was fucking tired.

I hadn't eaten

And all the people weren't leaving until after we all went to bed- which made me more miserable.

A few minutes after rewrapping my- I noticed that I was already bleeding through the wrap again, so I called Veronica.

"I need stitches- this is my second wrap" I told her quietly, watching her look to my hand, more than frustrated.

"I really do not have time for this Harley, please just wait a few hours, we can go as soon as they think you're sleeping and they leave,"