6

Harley.

"Are you nervous?" Veronica asked me as we rode in complete silence towards the address Dr.Hemmings gave her.

"No" I lied, never looking towards her.

"I think he's going to actually help you" she spoke.

"I don't need help" I spoke quietly.

She exhaled lightly.

"There's a reason that you haven't been adopted, Harley"

I ignored.

We drove into a gated community, making me immediately roll my eyes.

"What I would do to own a house like this" Veronica almost gasped as we pulled into the driveway.

I looked to the two story house, almost intimidated to walk into such a nice place.

But I got out anyway.

I followed Veronica, feeling my heart pounding against my chest as she knocked.

The door almost immediately opened- revealing a guy I had never seen before.

"Sorry, we must be at the wrong house-" "Harley?" The guy spoke.

"Yes, this is Harley" Veronica spoke, pulling me closer to her.

"Come in, Luke just ran upstairs to grab a few things" he spoke.

Veronica followed me inside as I followed the guy, who led up to a living room.

"I'm Ashton, one of Luke's roommates" he spoke, shaking hands with Veronica before his eyes moved to me.

"Shy?" He questioned with eyebrows raised.

"She just needs a little time to warm up" Veronica spoke for me, laughing lightly as I kept my blank expression.

I soon saw the familiar doctor almost running down the stairs, dimples poking through his cheeks as he smiled.

"Harley" he exhaled.

"Come on, we can go to an office room we have down the hall" he spoke.

"Actually" Veronica spoke, surprising both Luke and I.

"I actually have to run home, there's apparently a problem with some of the little kids, do you mind?" She asked, her attention focused to her phone, which was dinging from multiple text messages.

"That's fine, we'll take good care of her"

And she left without another question.

Just leave your foster child with two strangers, that's completely fine.

I silently followed Luke into an office, where yet another familiar male sat

"Harley, you've met Calum" Luke spoke momentarily, making me send him a small smile, as he did the same.

"Let's sit" Luke sighed, sitting in a chair, pulling another directly in front of him.

I felt so awkward.

I sat slowly, watching him open a notebook, clicking a pen before looking to me.

"So, your foster mom sent me your files"

My heart dropped

"So let's start at your parents" he exhaled, making me swallow the lump that immediately formed in my throat.

"They abandoned you" he spoke facts from the paper.

"Yeah" I mumbled lightly.

"Want to tell me anything about that?" He asked.