Bad Moon Rising

||  Salvatore's house ||

"Thanks for coming, Rick." Stefan says as Rick arrives.

"I got you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon into coffee?" Damon asks.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric says.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help sheet some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan says. At the Lockwood mansion we see Tyler observing at Mason. Mason is going outside the house, he's going to run.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric asks.

"Why you wouldn't? But your dead not dead vampire wife might." Damon says.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena says.

"You said that she has spent years researching this town." Stefan says.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rounded in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Stefan asks.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon says.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asks, Damon and Stefan share a glance.

"The lycanthrope." Alaric says.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena asks.

"No way, impossible, way too launchy." Damon says.

"Is it?" Stefan asks. 

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some on years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asks, not outing Ivory or Scarlett.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwood's?" Alaric asks.

"Because vervein didn't affect the mayor at founder's day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his sons Tyler and Jake." Damon says.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fell into the carnival's worker. It suggest it's some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan says.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is." Elena says.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there, she's technically still missing." Alaric says.

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asks.

"Rick, we don't know what we are dealing with. If this wolf men thing is true, we have seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real life Lon Chaney and that Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."  Damon adds.

|| Lockwood Mansion ||

Tyler and Jake are talking with their mother.

"Have you ever been down to those old ruins in the woods?" Tyler asks.

"The old Lockwood estate?" Carol asks.

"Yeah. What do you know about it?" Jake asks curiously.

"It was the original plantation house. Beautiful architecture and if it hadn't burn to the ground we'd probably living in it." Carol tells her sons.

"What's the deal with the freaky underground cellar?" Tyler asks.

"We don't talk about those kinds of rooms." Carol says.

"Why not?" Jake asks.

"Well, this is the South, honey, but no one likes to reminisce about the old slave days." Carol says. Mason enters the room.