Under Control

Elena and Lottie are walking out of the house.

"Come on Jeremy, going to school! Walking out the door now!" Elena says.

"Forgot this." Jenna gives them their thermos. "Thank you." Lottie and Elena say.

Elena opens the door, John is here, he was about to knock.

"Lottie! Elena!" John smiles.

"Uncle John! Hi" The girls greet.

"Jenna." John says looking at Jenna.

"John, you made it." Jenna says.

"I said I'll be here before noon." John says and he enters the house.

"Oh what you say and what you do are typically two very different things." Jenna's says.

Jeremy comes down the stairs.

"Uncle John, what's up?" Jeremy greets.

"Hey!"John says. Jeremy slaps him on the shoulder and leaves.

"I had some business in town. I thought that a visit was in order." Johnn says .

"How long are you staying?" Lottie asks.

"I don't know yet." John says.

"Hmm. Okay, well, we're gonna go to school, see you later" Elena says, Lottie waves as says "Bye."

They leave, Jenna looks at them and closes the door.

"So what's up with Jeremy?" John asks.

"He just lost a friend, so try to be sensitive." Jenna explains.

"I'm always sensitive." John laughs.

"Right, so really how long are you staying?" Jenn asks.

"Can you at least pretend that you're happy to see me?" John says.

"Oh my god John! It's so good to see you. How have you been?" Jenna jokes. She then becomes serious again. "No, I can't."

"Do you really think that I was just gonna sign the escrow papers and send them back?" John asks.

"Actually I did." Jenna says.

"I'm not going to let you sell my brother's office." John says calmly.

"It's  not up to you or me. It belongs to Jeremy, Elena, and Lottie." Jenna says.

"Yeah but they're minors, so I get the final say, being that I'm the estate's trustee." John says, Jenna stares at him displeased.

•    •    •    •

Jeremy is outside, sitting on a couch, listening to music. Jakearrives and sits down next to him. He offers him a joint.

"Nah." Jeremey says.

"What's your problem?"  Jake asks.

"I just don't want any." Jeremy says.

"All right. They say she OD'd." Jake informs him.

"That's what I don't get, she was doing okay." Jeremy says.

"Apparently not." Jake says.

"How did she end up buried in the woods? That's what I don't understand." Jeremy says turning to face Jake.

"By whoever was with her when she OD'd." Jake says.

"Yeah but you leave her, you don't take the time to bury her." Jeremy says.