The Benders ||SPN||

||  Kugel's Keg  ||

Sam is having a beer at a table, looking at research with Lottie. Dean is nearby, throwing darts.

"So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle." Lottie says.

"Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig." Dean says.

"Yeah, maybe not. Except for this—Dad marked the area, Dean." Sam says. Dean comes to the table and looks at their father's journal.. "Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker."

"Why would he even do that?" Dean asks.

"Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too—this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state." Sam says.

"That is weird." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam says.

"Don't phantom attackers usually snatch people from their beds? Jenkins was taken from a parking lot." Sam says.

"Well, there are all kinds. You know, Spring Heeled Jacks, phantom gassers. They take people anywhere, anytime. Look, Dean, I don't know if this is our kind of gig either." Sam says.

"Something doesn't feel right, but it doesn't give me the creepers like the supernatural does." Lottie says.

"Yeah, you're right, we should ask around more tomorrow." Dean says.

"Right." Sam takes out his wallet. "I saw a motel about five miles back."

"Whoa, whoa, easy. Let's have another round." Dean says.

"We should get an early start." Sam says.

"Yeah, you really know how to have fun, don't you, Grandma?" Dean asks, Sam smiles. Lottie winks at him, Dean grins. "Alright, I'll meet you outside, I gotta take a leak." Dean grabs his coat and heads to the bathroom. Sam gathers his research and leaves.

|| Outside Kugel's Keg  ||

Sam and Lottie are walking back to the car. He hears a noise and stops. He places the journal on the hood of the car and takes out a flashlight from his coat pocket. They turns it on and looks around, then bends down to look under the car. He sees a cat, which hisses at them then runs away.

"Whoa!" He sees the animal and laughs. He gets up, shaking his head, then waits by the car, he tells Lottie about the car.

Dean comes out of the bar and walks to the car. He sees that Sam and Lottie are missing, but notices the journal on the hood. Dean opens the car door and checks to see if they're inside, but they aren't there. He looks around, confused.

|| Later  ||

A group of people come out of the bar. Dean walks up to a biker and his girlfriend, who are clearly drunk.

"Hey, you guys been outside, around here in the last hour or so?" Dean ask, they shake their head and walk away. "Sam! Lottie!" He looks around frantically. "Sammy! Scarlett!" He turns around and notices a surveillance camera on top of a streetlight. Dean walks into the middle of the deserted road and looks around. "Sam. Scar!"

||  Sheriff's Department   ||

A deputy, Kathleen, is looking at Dean's fake ID, they talk about Sam and Lottie missing.

||  Unknown location  ||

Sam and Lottie are asleep in a cage. He jerks awake and observes his surroundings. He rattles the bars of the cage. He looks around and notices Jenkins  asleep in a cage next to his. Lottie is a few feet away from him, he checks on making sure she's alive.