18

[Chapter eighteen]

-Winnie-

"I am broken when my name is spoken. What am I?" Kamri riddles as I drive us back to my house after grabbing her overnight bag from her house.

"The McDonald's ice cream machine!" I growl in annoyance.

"Okay, you're still upset about the ice cream machine being broken, I get it!" She shouts back.

"What's the point of having a fucking ice cream machine if it's always fucking broken?!" I question rhetorically as I park in the driveway.

"Oh my God." She mumbles as we get out of the Jeep, Flynn pulling into the driveway as I lock it.

"What're you two fools doing here?" I ask as he and Adonis get out of the car.

"To see what's going on with the happy couple." Adonis grins innocently, running up to the front door.

Kamri and I turn to Flynn with raised eyebrows.

"What? It wasn't my idea!" He exclaims before looking at our blank faces. "Yeah, okay, it was my idea. I wanna see if they're actually together or not."

"Fucking idiot." Kamri mumbles while I roll my eyes. We walk up to the front door and I unlock it before we all walk inside.

It's silent.

Too silent...

We all share a look.

"Guess they sorted their shit out." Kamri shrugs as I look at Flynn from the corner of my eye. No sadness, or anger.

"I'm hungry." Adonis announces.

"Me too." Flynn agrees. He doesn't look hurt in the slightest. No clenched fists or sad eyes. He seems...fine? For the first time in my life, I can't tell what he's thinking or feeling and it's scaring the shit out of me.

"There are leftovers in the fridge." I tell them and they take off into the kitchen.

I turn to Kamri.

"No, he doesn't seem as hurt as earlier to me either." She states, already knowing what I was thinking.

"He obviously went home and had a long, hard—"

"Jack off?" She suggests, cutting me off.

I stare at her in disgust. "Think. Long, hard think."

She deflates. "Or that."

I open my mouth to say something but I'm cut off by my sister's unmistakable voice.

"YOU'RE GAY?!"

Adonis and Flynn poke their heads out of the kitchen door.

"Park?" Adonis suggests immediately and we nod.

"Yep." Kamri nods and we start running to the front door but turn around and run back to the kitchen -tripping over each other and slipping in the process- letting the door swing shut behind us when we see Octavia stomping down the stairs with Lucas hopping behind her, pulling his pants up and slipping his t-shirt on. Tavi's visibly outraged and Lucas is clearly guilty about something, but also relieved.

Kamri and I look at each other.

"We were right!" We whisper yell in unison before I turn to Flynn and shove a finger in his face. He doesn't look very relieved. Actually, he seems pretty worked up, but about something else.

"I told you so!"

He slaps my hand away, rolling his eyes when I pout at him. We all then press our ears to the door, eavesdropping on their fight. Not that we really need to. I'm pretty sure China can hear them loud and clear.