26

[Chapter twenty-six]

-Winnie-

"So, how do you plan on apologising to Flynnigan?" I ask my sister as I drive us to school on a stupid, early Monday morning.

Fuck Mondays. Mondays can die.

"I don't know." She hums, shuffling through her bag to make sure she has the money to buy prom tickets. "Think he'll go to prom with me?"

I spare a quick, blank look at her before looking back at the road. "Are you kidding me?"

"As friends." She corrects herself, zipping her bag back up. "I wanna apologise and ask him to prom at the same time. Kinda like starting fresh."

"Oh!" I grin. "A Prompology!"

"Oh my god!" She groans, not being able to keep in her laughs. "That sounds so stupid!"

I shrug. "Better than 'Promposal'."

"Promposal is an actual thing."

"Still sounds stupid." I tell her as I pull into an empty parking spot. "People put more thought into Promposals than actual marriage proposals. It's ridiculous."

Octavia just shakes her head as we get out of the car. I lock the door and pull on the handle to make sure it's locked. "Your ADHD ass is getting distracted again. My plan?"

"Right," I purse my lips. "I mean, he'll forgive you either way. But that doesn't mean you should make a half-assed apology."

"I won't." She hits my shoulder.

"And bring cookies."

"For Flynn?"

"No, for me! I need something to eat while I watch the train wreck go down!"

"The train wreck?!" She exclaims. "You just said he'd forgive me!"

"Not before the mess that is 'Flynn Rider and Octavia Blake; Shitshow Edition'."

"I hate you."

"Right back at ya."

"Winnie!" We both turn around to see Adonis jogging down the hall towards us.

"Oh, look! There's loverboy!" She grins, nudging me and I punch her arm in return.

"Shut up." I hiss as he reaches us.

"Hey, Loca!" He grins, kissing my cheek. I subtly kick Octavia when I see her giving me a suggestive raise of her eyebrows. "Hey, Tavi. I'm still mad at you so you better be thinking of apologising to my Flynn soon."

I snort as Octavia groans. "I am! I already have a plan! I'm leaving."

Adonis and I watch her stomp down the hallway to God-knows-where.

"So," I start, opening my locker and throwing my things inside. "You going to prom?"

"I don't know yet." He explains, leaning on the locker next to me and playing with a piece of my hair. "Prom doesn't really sound appealing to me but if Flynn wants me to go, I probably will. Can't leave him there by himself, yaknow."

"Yeah, can't make your boyfriend go to prom alone." I tease.

He gives me a look before turning his nose up with attitude.

"Damn right I can't let my boyfriend go to prom alone!" He states, making me laugh. He then bumps my side, looking back down at me. "What about you? Are you going?"

"Nope." I answer immediately.

"Why not?"

"Not my scene, either." I mumble.