Chapter 19- New person

Do you know, I kind of thought that staying with Paige and her family would be a lot worse then it actually was.

Her parents were so understanding and hospitable, making me feel welcome at once. She had a younger sister who was nice enough as well.

They lived in a medium sized, cozy house just off the beach. Quite close to the shop, which they told me they owned.

I'd grabbed my shopping bags out of the trunk of Paige's car and has walked up to the room which I had been told I was allowed to stay in, although I insisted I wouldn't be there for long.

I flung open the door and threw the bags aside, a few clothes littering the floor.

I slumped onto my bed and sighed.

Paige chuckled from the corner of my room where she was sitting on a small stool in front of a desk.

I closed my eyes.

"So..." Paige drifted awkwardly.

I opened one eye and glared at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Why's your hair that colour? I mean, it definitely suits you but..." She trailed off.

I sat up.

"Um, I dyed it you know, uh, a bit of teenage rebellion, I kind of needed a change anyway... You know how it is though right?" I coughed awkwardly, my voice squeaking, hoping that she wouldn't see through my lie.

Luckily she smirked, obviously understanding.

"Right, I forgot I had little miss trouble staying with me." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes but smiled back.

"I know what we can do!" She shouted, her eyes shining with excitement.

"What?" I groaned, already not liking the sound of where this was going.

"We could go to the salon! You could get your fair re-dyed!" She squealed.

I made a face.

She frowned.

"I'll get something as well if you don't want to do it on your own?" She offered smiling.

I huffed.

"Do we have to?"

She looked at me pointedly.

"If you don't want to be a freak then yes."

I laughed.

***

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this!" I groaned once the hairdresser had started playing around with my hair.

"Oh shut up, it'll look amazing." Paige giggled, flipping the page of her magazine.

"Dahling, yo hair is in such good condition, how do up do dis?" My Italian hairdresser exclaimed into my ear.

Before I could reply he put his hands on his hips dramatically.

"Honey, you my role model, no questions asked. Yo hair, is like, so good, is like you never dye and it is real! I never see hair like dis when peoples dye them, but you, you work it gal." He snapped his fingers, his eyes shining with admiration.

"Okay..." I giggled.

"So I was tinking, we give you whole new look, maybe brown with small blonde or chestnut, si..." He started mumbling to himself.

He soon began washing my hair in a load of different things, and sticking curling irons and straighteners and highlight stuff into it.

The hairdresser swiped his brow dramatically and clasped his face in his hands.

"Oh my goodness gracious I'm good, you look a-may-zing!!" He clapped his hands together and pushed my chair over to the large mirror.

I gasped.

Whoah.

My hair now had more layers and was a dark shade of brown with very slight blonde highlights if you looked at my hair in the right light.

"Thank you." I turned to the hairdresser.

"No problem dahling. Do you know what funny? When I try and wash the dye from your hair it stays on! It must have been very good dye!" He nodded his head appreciatively.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

I walked over to the front desk and paid in the amount my new hairdo was worth.

"Oh my effing god!" A voice screamed.

I turned around and saw Paige running towards me.

"You look soooo good Coral!" She squealed brushing a part of my new hair.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"You look like a new person!" She laughed.

"I feel like a new person." I joked back.

"Now we need to buy you makeup, and shoes, and jewellery and..."

I frowned.

"What's wrong?" She stopped.

"Nothing. I just, you just remind me of one of my friends back home." I told her.

I'd never thought about it until now but I really was starting to miss everyone back home, especially Tay.

She nodded her head.

"I understand... Now let's go and buy out the mall!" She shrieked.

I rolled my eyes but followed... She was my ride after all.

Yeah another chapter, I know it's short but I'm really busy, hope you guys can understand :/

Anyways!

The pic is Loco's new hair!

Keep smilin'!

Fee <3