Chapter 3-Meeting my fiancee

Sorry I've taken so long to update guys! Been really busy! I aim to post a new chapter every Thursday or Friday?

I swam home as fast as I could.

How could I have just done that?

I love Ben so much, how was I not crying?!

I should be breaking down like a fat kid without ice cream!

What the hell did I just do?!

I hope my Dad is happy now.

***

I burst through the door of my bedroom and slammed it shut. I threw myself across the room and landed on my bed with a thud.

Ah, so now the waterworks will start!
I cried.

And I can't say it was the normal sort of sad sob in the chick-flicks, oh no! It was the full on, 'I've just broken all the bones in my body' sort of cry. I'm sure if my neighbours would have heard me, they would have probably thought I HAD broken all the bones in my body.

It was that bad.

I was in the middle of calming myself down over how bad my life is when there was a sharp knock on my door, followed by my Dad poking his head through the doorway.

"Oh my Cod, Dad! Wait for me to open the door before you just barge in! I could've been naked or something!" I screamed at him.

He looked taken aback and slowly brought himself into the room.

Holy Cod, where did that just come from?! I must be on my Period or something!

(*period in the mermaid world= a load of salt coming through the scales of the tail followed by a green goo, like seaweed to come out of the belly button.* mermaids now have the option of buying belly pads, in which they insert in their belly button to suck up all the goo. This is skin coloured and is not seen by the eye. So they are still free to swim around in their bras.)

"Um...well you're not honey so..get dressed okay? Something nice, respectable. I'll come and check on you in ten minutes and you better be dressed young maid because I refuse to be late! And you know how bad my temper gets." Dad ordered.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah! One, why do I have do get changed? I'm already dressed. And two, where are we going?"

"Just meeting with the Wrens and Ricky is all..." He blew off, looking around the room nervously as if I was about to blow at any minute.

"Oh my Cod Dad... Whhhy? You could've told me earlier Dad! What the hell?!" I screamed, yet again.

Yup, definitely on my period.

"Coral! Stop shouting at me an just do as I say! You need to meet your fiancée!" He screamed back, equally as loud.

"Why is he my fiancée anyway? Don't I get a say in any of this Dad?! I mean, it's my life for Cods sake!" Thinking about it just made me more angry.

How come my Dad got to control everything I did in my life?

"Coral don't argue with me! And I know that you two will be good together. He's a very sweet boy Coral, you'll like him."

Who the hell did he think he is?! Stinkin' Cupid?!

"Ugh Dad you're so unfair!!! Just get out so I can get dressed then." I mumbled.

He then opened the door and swam out, but not before shouting;
"Something nice!"

Seriously?! Did he really not trust my amazing sense of fashion?! He can't even dress himself properly without his personal designer!!!