five

0 5.

~*~

Hunter was so different from his egotistical best friend. I could tell they were two different people and I couldn't understand how they could be best friends. With Ryan's sarcastic attitude, rough tone and inflated ego, there was no way he could match up Hunter's amazing character, smooth conversationalist and very down to Earth persona.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I asked as I folded my arms over my chest, rolling my eyes deep into my sockets.

The brown haired boy grinned and ran his hands through his dishevelled hair, trying to get it into place but it just fell in front of face. "No, I'm not kidding... why are you getting so upset about this? It's not like he's a bad guy or anything."

There it was: the dipshit's best friend taking his side. Of course he would take his best friends side, who was I even kidding? I kept quiet for a moment before I let out a deep sigh. "Because all the handsome guys are friends with a that... Ryan guy."

He laughed lightly as he walked up to stand a few feet away and shoved his hands into his pockets. Those cloudy hazel eyes staring at me so intently, I thought that I was dreaming. "I'm not like that though, I'm different."

Was he hitting on me? I hoped not, because I wasn't sure if including myself into Ryan's best friend life was a good idea. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know if he was hitting on me. It was partially due to lack of experience.

But before the tension in the room exploded, I said, "I best get going. It's late and I don't wanna be late for my first class, or anything."

Hunter smirked at me as he scratched the back of his head nervously. "You can always sleep over."

There was a possibility that I could, but seeing as I just met Hunter, I didn't want him to think I was into him like that. Then again, it was just me trying to figure out if he was trying to hit on me due to my lack of experiences. Damn, my life sucked.

I chuckled softly as I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I think I should go. But thank you for the offer though. Please don't think I'm ungrateful or anything... I'm just not sure about sleeping over is a great idea to start a friendship. But I'm pretty sure I'll need you if Ryan decides to bring in another girl."

He barked out laughing. "You're rambling, it's cute."

A nervous habit of mine. I stayed silent as I felt the heat rush up to my cheeks. I couldn't be seen like this, so I turned around and headed for the door with my duffel bag draped over my left shoulder.

Hunter said nothing as we walked over to my dorm, going up the elevator. It was a really comfortable silence. When we stopped infront of my dorm, I turned around to looked into his hazel eyes. "Thank you for being so kind, I appreciate it and you know... walking me back here, so I hope you sleep tight."

He laughed again-his cute little laugh-and took a step forward, and before I could register what was happening, he planted his lips onto mine. My body tensed up. It was soft and somewhat comforting. He had his eyes shut while mine was wide as saucers.

The crazy part was that I didn't pull back though, as my eyes fell shut on their own accord and when he felt my body relax, he placed his delicate hands on both sides of my face to pull me in close.

Still stunned by his ability to kiss me, he smiled when he pulled away, our faces so close to each other. "Good night, Lydia, I'll see you around." He leaned in for another kiss, but the door swung open causing us to abruptly pull apart.

Ryan was standing in the door way with his annoying muscles on show and his arms crossed over his chest. His light brown hair was dishevelled giving off his bad-boy look and blue eyes bright dancing with mischief. He tilted his head to the side. "It's late. Is this the time to get back to your dorm?"

He had to be kidding me. I gaped at him. "What?"

Before I could say anything else, he said, "so I've seen you met my buddy Hunter here." As he pulled him into a hug.

"Yeah," Hunter said awkwardly as he tried to get out of Ryan's hug.

"So are you guys are dating now?" Ryan asked as he looked at both of us grinning widely. There was a sparkle in those infuriating blue eyes of his. Seriously, how could Hunter be friends with him?

I rolled my eyes. "No," I snapped at him, then turned my attention toward Hunter and smiled. "I'll see you around, Hunter."

He gave me a small wave and I stepped into my dorm room, making sure to bump my shoulder against Ryan's to prove my annoyance. There had to be a way for us to swap roommates. While Ryan was talking to his friend, I took the chance to undress. Hastily slipping the shirt over my head, and just as I was about to pull my oversized shirt over my head, the door closed and Ryan stopped as he looked at me with lustful eyes.

I covered my myself with my shirt and sighed. "Just close your eyes... please."

He clenched and unclenched his jaw. And then he felt the need to say, "you have really good tits."

Trying my best to ignore how his blue eyes scanned my body, I slipped the shirt over my head and sighed with relief when he looked away. But my victory was short lived because he strolled my way.

When he came close to me, so close I could feel his breath fan my face as I held my hands out to stop him. His abs were hard, but I tried to ignore how it felt under my touch. "Like what you touch?"

I pulled back so fast that I stumbled back a bit as my watched him with curious eyes. "What? Ew, no. Please stop feeling yourself."

Ryan chuckled as he backed away to give me back my personal space. I moved away from him with a reasonable distance and sat on my bed as I took out my Geography Guidance Book.

It helped me understand how everything worked and history behind it. Jennifer got it for me in junior year when I told her about my love for nature. I flipped through the pages when I felt the edge of my bed move. "Are you seriously going to study?"

"No," I snapped at him for the umpteenth time, my next words coated with sarcasm. "I'm reading because I have a great memory and I'm sure I'd pass this test without studying."

He perked up almost instantly, his face glowing with anticipation. "Really?"

"Yes," I lied because he didn't catch my sarcasm as I stared into his eyes, "now could you please leave me alone."

He rolled his eyes behind his long lashes as he threw his hands up in the air. "Whatever," he muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

When he was lying in his bed, eyes staring at the ceiling and arms behind his head. There was a sad feeling radiating from him. Ryan looked deep in thought, his perfectly shaped brows furrowed and eyes hard.

"And I hope there won't be different girls coming in and out of here," I said in a soft tone, not wanting to sound like I cared. "Because this is my room as well."

Completely ignoring my last statement, he settled for a, "yeah, we'll see."

I sighed bringing the book up to my chest. "Why are you using girls?"

Ryan was still staring up at the ceiling. "I'm not using them, I'm just enjoy the pleasure, and I mean every girl would die to be with me."

I let out a bitter laugh. "Ha! You could've fooled me! For your information, I'm not every girl, and I know how to control myself."

He said nothing, but his annoying smirk was still on his lips, "why are you smiling?"

Ryan turned to his side and looked at me. "Because that's what every girl says."

~*~

A/N:

Ryan is so rebellious lol. what do you think about this chapter?

you're beautiful and that's a fact, so slay.