The clock read 6:01. Only two seats remained empty — the Director's seat, at the far end of the table, and the chair next to Davidson. Another minute passed before the elevator doors opened once more, and the Director stepped out.

Director Irene Kimmel stepped inside, noise around the room dying down as the click of her heels signaled her arrival. Her heels were blood-red, her suit navy. Gold jewelry glinted around her neck, on her fingers. Her eyes were lined with kohl, sharply eyeing the occupants of the room. She'd run the Agency with an iron fist for ten years, and would presumably continue to do so for ten more. Her efficiency was inhuman, her control unwavering.

All of the Chiefs present straightened in their seats as Director Kimmel sat down. Her eyes swept across each of the faces present, pausing briefly on Quinn's before they continued past her.

"Good morning, Chiefs," started Kimmel. Her voice was low, but carried clearly through the room, " — seems we're one man short. Davidson, report on Locke."

"ETA thirty minutes. Plane just touched down." The gravelly voice originated from Scott Davidson, who reclined in his chair with a slight wince. Imani's eyes shot to him.

"We're not waiting. Meeting is in session." Kimmel's eyes flickered to the TV-screen. She gestured to one of her assistants, who'd remained by the sides of the room. They turned the screen on, displaying a map of Europe. There was a red dot blinking over Paris.

"At 23:06 last night, Special Agent Cameron Kent's emergency beacon alerted us to distress. The GPS tracked the beacon to Paris. Special Agent Kent's whereabouts are unknown. Who is the closest active agent?"

Chief Sanders replied, voice carrying over the room: "Missives have been sent to Special Agent Lorber. She has not yet responded. As she went offline due to the mission, it is not likely, either. "

A look of displeasure crossed the Director's face, yet she returned her eyes to the TV-monitor. Her voice remained level.

"The emergency beacon was, aside from the server alerts, called in by the primary analyst on Special Agent Kent's case. The call was noted at 23:27. Additional information of interest may be the fact that Analyst O'Reilly is the primary partner to Special Agent Kent. This is all listed in the documents you were e-mailed, but I'd like for us to move forward knowing everyone is caught up."

Kimmel's eyes scoured the room, the Chiefs nodding in turn. Her lips flattened.

"This meeting has been called in order for us to decide the best course of action moving forward. There has been no charges or suspects as of yet. This is an active case, and there have not yet been conclusions drawn as to the morality of those involved. As Chiefs you are expected to understand that."

Kimmel watched as her staff nodded once more. Quinn eyed Havas silently, watching as he nodded reluctantly.

Give him an inch and I'll be swimming in the Thames before long.

"We will start by discussing what has happened since the emergency beacon alert was sent, up until now. The servers have presented us with objective information as to the actions of the primary analyst, Quinn O'Reilly. Chief Vahid?"

Director Kimmel nodded to the Chief of Technology, who straightened in her seat. Chief Eylem Vahid was seated right beside Quinn, and was (presumably) an ally to the analysts' side.

"Thank you, Director. The emergency alert reached the servers at 23:06, but was formally called in at 23:27 by Analyst O'Reilly. The 21 minutes in which O'Reilly did not report the beacon were spent conducting server scans, traced back to O'Reilly's Agency-approved home servers. These scans were, presumably, carried out in order to find out whether the emergency alert was due to faulty signaling, or a GPS mistake."