Chapter 64: Congratulations and Loyalty

Start from the beginning

Ahem

We both snap out of our moment to see the doctor holding the clip board to her chest with a knowing smirk on her lips. I look back down to see Heather covering her dark red face in her hands. I chuckle while kissing her forehead. I look back to the door to see that boy standing beside her looking down at my woman. I narrow my eyes at him while blocking his view of Heather. His eyes snap to mine as he gulps. The doctor looks over to him and tells him to wait outside. He nods and tries to look at Heather once more before closing the door. Who the fuck does he think he is??

"Xavier, he is just a kid. Calm down." Heather says standing up. The doctor walks over handing us the pictures and tells us that everything looks good. She sets an apt for a month out unless issues arise. She leaves and I am quick to pull my sweetheart back into my embrace for another passionate kiss. I push her up against the door and she jumps wrapping her legs around my waist. The kissing gets a little too heated and I then realize we are still in the doctor's office. I slow down the kiss and she slowly slides down me. 

"Sweetheart, behave." I say smirking at her. She rolls her eyes turning around opening the door not before I hear her grumble tease under her breath. I bust out laughing following behind her before I place an arm around her waist while regaining my composure and kissing the side of her head. "Only for you." 

**************************************************

"Hello father." 

I walk up to the table with Heather still gripping my hand firmly. I know how nervous she is to tell her dad that we already got married. I on the other hand couldn't care any less. She is mine and I am thrilled that I didn't have to wait to call her mine. I kiss the side of her head while she takes a seat next to me while her father sits across from her while I sit across from my own father. 

"Alright son, you called for a dinner. What's going on?" 

My father says getting directly to the point as he sips a glass of wine. I look over to see Heather looking wide eyed at her dad who only is looking at her. I take her hand that is laying on the table holding it firmly but gently. She breaks eye contact with her dad looking at me. I turn back to my father and glance over at her father who is now looking at me. 

"Heather and I have some news." Derek raises an eyebrow but doesn't comment so I clear my throat and continue. "Heather and I are married." 

It gets dead silent for a minute. I look to see Derek's jaw is locked as he looks down at the table intensely. My father is holding his breath looking back and forth between his long time friend and me. 

"Less than a week ago, we spoke about you impregnating my daughter." He says lowly and I feel my body grow tense. "Now you are telling me, you are married to her." He says now glaring at me. 

"Son, how?" My dad says trying to diffuse the tension. 

"I proposed to her the night of the dinner and she said yes." 

"That didn't answer his question." Derek says sternly still trying to not explode. 

"Dad." All of our heads snap to Heather who is looks like she is trying to keep her voice steady. "I surprised him with a courthouse wedding where-"

"A COURTHOUSE WEDDING HEATHER!" Her father finally snaps. I see Heather flinch from his tone making me unconsciously move closer to her. "This is ridiculous! You two do not know enough about each other and now you are married expecting a child?!" 

"Dad." She says more sternly with a warning lace undertone. I am surprised to here her tone. 

"Derek. I love Heather dearly and I will-" I say before I am cut off by him throwing his napkin on the plate. 

"You were supposed to protect her and get engaged where a proper wedding could be planned. Not hitch her away at a trashy wedding. My daughter deserves more than that. She is now married to a man who already has a son. Has had multiple partners and-" 

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" 

My head snaps to see Heather standing up with both hands on the table looking as if she could breath fire. I watch wide eyed as she glares intently at her father. My dad now looking like me glancing between the two waiting to see what unfolds. 

"That is my husband, the father to my son and to my unborn children. You will NOT speak to him with disrespect father. I love him and Luca beyond any measure of doubt. I will not tolerate anyone treating them poorly even if it is you." 

I see Derek's eyes widen as he leans back in the chair looking flabbergasted. I look back at Heather to see the fierce woman I love most in this world looking intently still. Her stance is tense and the look she is giving could make anyone whimper. God, that was hot. I look to see my dad looking proudly to Heather. 

"Children?" Derek says barely audible. 

"I love him father and I do not care that this is sudden. He is my future and I want you to be a part of it... I warn you though, watch your tongue." She says before setting back down. She takes a deep breath and I can't help but to grasp her hand once more bringing it to my lips. She smiles softly her features relaxing from my touch. 

"So your having twins?" My dad finally speaks up looking at her excitedly. I chuckle realizing how he looks just like my mom. 

"Yes father." I say seeing him calling back over the waiter. Derek still looking at Heather who now is looking at the menu. 

"Derek." I say getting his attention. He looks at me slightly wounded. "I love your daughter with everything I have and I have already promised you I would never hurt her. I will continue that promise until my dying breath. I understand your concerns but she is the love of my life and the only woman I have eyes for." 

He nods his head looking down not saying anything. The meal continues and by the end Heather pulls her father to the side where I can see they are working through the spat from earlier. My father stands beside me looking upon them as well. 

"You have found a remarkable woman son. Someone who is willing to stand up to their loved ones for the one they love most... It shows true character and loyalty." 

I nod my head as Heather and her father walk back over to us looking more relaxed now. Derek pats my back as he and my father get into their car. Heather and I sliding into the back of our car as well. I quickly pull her onto my lap kissing her slowly and passionately not caring who all sees. She is the light to my world. God, I love this woman.