Chapter 42: I'm glad it's her

-Xavier's POV

I look up still holding my angel's hand. I see Theo standing at the entrance to the kitchen with his hands on his hips. I roll my eyes while Luca gets down from Cami's lap running up to him. Theo gets to his knees gathering Luca in a bear hug lifting him making him giggle. I smile seeing my son truly happy. I look back over to see my Angel with the sun reflecting off her delicate frame giving her an almost goddess look. Her long hair has been brushed but has natural curls in the end. The outfit she picked out holding to her frame in all the right places. Damn, she is fine... I grin and grip her hand slightly making her look up at me with those fucking hypnotic blue eyes. She smiles and winks at me before looking back down to her plate. 

Ding Dong

I raise an eye brow looking about the room. I notice everyone's confusion matches my own. Tessa stands up and walks out of the room. She opens the front door and multiple footsteps follow her back to the dinning room. She walks in and in follows my parents. Oh great...

"My boy!" My mom says with wide arms walking around the table to me. I reluctantly let go of Heather's hand to stand up and give her a hug. She rubs my back before leaning back to look over the table. Heather is still seated to my side with Cami beside her with Luca on her lap. Leo is to my left with Tessa's seat beside him and Theo is making his plate in the kitchen. "Xavier, who is this?"

I see her eyes have landed on my Angel. I gently take Heather's hand lifting her up. She stands up looking nervous at my mother. My father still standing at the entrance. I nod at him which he returns. 

"Mom, this is Heather Drake. Heather this is mother-" 

"Oh just call me mom.. mother makes me feel so old." She gentle whacks my chest. I see Heather genuinely smile. 

"Hello Mrs. Sanford." She says holding out a hand. My mother shakes her head and pulls her into a tight hug making Heather look at me shocked. I just grin and shrug my shoulder. She chuckles embracing my mother back. 

"This is my father." I say gesturing my hand towards him. 

"Charles Sanford Junior. Started his company when his only 19 years old. One of the youngest entrepreneurs of his time. Also the only man to ever admit he was wrong to my father and I."  Heather says stepping towards my father. We all looked at her confused while my father's jaw slacks. That makes me smirk. 

"Derek Drake" He says like a whisper. "Heather... is that really you?" My father looks down adoringly.

She nods her head and my father shocks me. He pulls her into a hug that Heather returns giggling. What the fuck?? I stand there with my jaw on the floor while everyone continues to look upon them curiously. I clear my throat making them both look back at me. 

"I'm sorry, but how do you two know each other?" I say gesturing my finger from my father to Heather. 

"I met Heather almost 8 years ago at a fundraiser. Your mother didn't attend with me. I went and was seated with the Drake family. I met her and-" 

"He tried to state that woman couldn't make a deal." She giggles recollecting the memory. "I showed your father up by selling a deal to one of his partners. Your father was so impressed that he tried to negotiate a deal with me himself that I declined." 

"She is the reason I couldn't ever get a deal with the Russians." My jaw is on the floor while they chuckle at each other. 

"It's okay Charles, I closed the deal for your son last week." My father's head snaps to me with pride in his eyes. 

"Congratulations son." I nod my head not being able to comprehend all of this. My father approves of her? I thought he would never approve? I shake my head sitting back down. 

"Sweetie, who is this?" My mother says looking to Cami. 

"Sorry Ma'm. My name is Cami Taylor. I am Heather's best friend and sister." She stands up reaching her hand out to my mother. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Cami." My mom says hugging her as well.

"What do I need to do to get some love over here?" We all look over to see Theo with wide arms. No one moves and he finally drops his arms huffing out as he sits down next to Tessa's seat. We all chuckle earning a glare from him. 

"Momma, come sit with me." Luca says with his arms outstretched. Heather leaves my father's side walking back over gathering him in her arms. She places him on her lap and we all sit back down. I look back up to see my mother with a Cheshire grin and my dad has wide eyes. Shit!

"Luca sweetheart, slow down okay?" Heather says rubbing his hair. He nods and continues eating.  I look back at my parents to see both of them giving me the same look. The look that says we're discussing this later.

"H, it's time to get going." I see my angel nod her head. She takes a few more bites along with Luca. They both get up while Tessa gets her a thermal of coffee made to go. Heather helps Luca with his book bag then whispers something to him. Luca runs to me jumping into my arms surprising me. 

"I love you dad." He whispers before releasing me running back to Heather. She smiles holding his hand. Cami walks out after giving Theo a look. Theo winks at her making her roll her eyes. Heather walks over to me kissing me cheek before straightening back up. I quickly grab her neck making her reconnect her lips with mine. She smiles in the kiss making me smile as well. 

"See you tonight sweetheart." I command but she just nods her head before walking back to my son. They walk out and I look up realizing Tessa and Leo have gotten up as well leaving only Theo and my parents. 

"So this is the Heather you were speaking of?" My father says raising an eyebrow. I keep my gazed locked with his giving him a nod.  His gaze breaks into a genuine smile making me raise my eyebrows in surprise. He grins and continues,"I'm glad it's her." 

"Me as well son, she is quite the beauty." My mother says proudly. I smile and look back down at my plate. 

"Did she really close the deal with the Russians?" My father ask. I glance over at Theo who is grinning smugly. I roll my eyes but can't hide my own smile. 

"Yes she did." My father chuckles saying something under his breath that sound like she's still got it. I gather up my plate taking it to the sink. 

Theo steps up beside me placing his empty plate in the sink before leaning towards me. 

"We still need to figure out what to do about Michael." I raise a brow at him and he just shrugs. It's then I realized he was with Cami. 

"First thing we are doing is getting my security on her."