Chapter 37: Good Job Queen

- Heather's POV

"Alright, let's go guys!" Cami shouts from the hallway. I sigh one more time looking at my reflection in the mirror. I throw my hair into a low pony tail walking out my room closing the door behind me. 

After Xavier went home last night, I talked to Nicholas about Michael attacking Christopher. Nicholas recommended a day at the shooting range which Cami said she was all for. I invited Xavier who said he would love to join. So now, I just got home from school and changed so we could get going. My phone dings letting me know I got a text. 

 4:48 pm: Xavier- Hey sweetheart, running a bit behind with my last meeting. Meet you there. 

I quickly texted him back letting him know that wasn't a problem. I tucked my phone in my jeans and headed to the front door. I got to the Jeep to see Nicholas driving and Cami in back so I climbed into the passenger seat. Nicholas and Cami both looked like they should be in the army with there camo pants. Cami was wearing a black shirt while Nicholas had a white V neck that framed his muscles. Nicholas became a second brother for me and I believe he watches over me the same way he does Cami. 

We get to the shooting range and get out heading to the entrance. Nicholas goes and talks to the front desk with Cami to pick out different guns and an area for us to shoot. This wasn't a normal shooting range. This was specifically for military use which allowed for a lot more range of shooting than a civilian range. 

I jumped slightly when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I relax the moment I feel the familiar sparks dance on me and an intoxicating scent envelope me. I lean back against him as he places his head in the crook of my neck leaving a gentle kiss. I sigh and close my eyes giving him more access. His arms tighten around my waist as his lips begin leaving open mouth kisses on my neck. 

"Okay seriously you two?!"

I jump and turn around leaving Xavier growl at the intrusion. I see him fix a glare at Theo who is smirking at Xavier. I just shake my head. Nicholas and Cami walk back up to me and Theo quickly narrows his eyes at Nicholas. Aww, he is jealous of Nicholas?? That's adorable. I turn and look at Cami who is smirking at Theo's expression knowing exactly what he is thinking. He doesn't notice at first until his eyes lock with hers and soften. 

"Good to see you again Xavier." Nicholas reaches out to shake hands with Xavier who takes it. 

"You too man. This is Theo, my partner and best friend." He says tilting his head towards Theo who still has is eyes locked with Cami. Nicholas clears his throat which breaks there gaze. Cami gives a tight smile to Nicholas who gently bumps foreheads with her making her giggle and shake her head. Theo clenches his fist and pushes past them to get a gun. The moment he walks over to the desk, I can't help but laugh and Xavier follows feeling his vibrations from his chest on my back. Cami narrows her eyes at me while Nicholas looks at us with a questioning look. I wave him off and he leads us to a certain area specific for close range with targets. Theo follows behind us still staring daggers at Nicholas. 

"Alright we will start here and head to long range in a bit." Nicholas says stepping up to the table with the safety glasses and the ear plugs. Each of us putting ours on. Xavier is at the far end, with me beside him. Nicholas is on my other side, Cami beside him and Theo standing close to her. I smirk watching how Cami is biting her lip. I know she likes him but she is being stubborn. We all line up and we hear the buzzer letting us know to shoot. We all begin shooting but I feel my hands tremble. Nicholas notices and sets his gun down going behind me. I see Xavier look at us from the corner of his eye but doesn't stop him which I am grateful for. Nicholas tells me to relax my shoulders and exhale while releasing. I do as he says and shot is more centered than the last. I jump up and down excitedly. The buzzer goes off again letting us know to take out our ear plugs. The targets move towards us and I am excited to see my shots. I hit one in the right eye socket, one nipped the neck and one hit the heart. I smile and look over to Xavier whose shots all were spread out but all with in the head. Damn, he's good. I begin hearing chuckling so I turn around. Theo is showing off his proudly where every shot was close to the center of the head. Cami and Nicholas are chuckling making Theo's expression falter. 

"What is so funny?" Theo says glaring at Nicholas. 

Nicholas just shakes his head walking over to Cami's target and pulling it down. He holds it up and I see one large whole in the dead center. Xavier, Theo and myself look closely and realize that she hit the same spot a total of 7 times. I grin at her throwing my arm over her shoulder. Theo's mouth is agape looking from the target paper back to Cami. 

"She is better than anyone including me." Nicholas says walking over beside Cami who is now holding her head high with pride. I look between Theo and Cami once again who look lost in each other's gazes. Theo takes a step towards her and reaches out his hand. Cami looks at it before taking it. He pulls her closer to him with a heated gaze. Cami gulps but refuses to bend to him. 

"Good Job, Queen." Theo says continuing to hold Cami's in an extremely heated gaze. I remember what she said to him a while back about being a queen and could see the respect Theo now had for her. I grin and try not to squeal. Xavier walks over to me placing a hand around my waist. Nicholas looks at me and tilts his head towards Cami and Theo who are still holding hands. I cough and watch as they jolt apart. Theo looks towards me glaring while Cami steps back beside me. 

"Alright, who is up for some long range?" Nicholas ask trying to break the tension. I watch Cami grin towards them and they both begin running and pushing each other. I roll my eyes at them while Theo looks at Cami longingly. Xavier nudges Theo's side and we begin following the wrestling siblings. We catch up to them to see Nicholas already crouched down on the ground lining up his shot. Cami is off to the side where there is a monitor to show you how accurate your shot is. I stand beside her still feeling Xavier wrapped around my waist. Theo in turn stands behind Cami making her try harder to concentrate on the screen. We here the shot and look at the monitor. The shot shows him hitting the target on his left cheek. Nicholas comes up and stands beside us looking at the screen. 

"Good hit Nicholas." Xavier compliments. Xavier releases me and walks over crouching down to the sniper. I couldn't help but watch his arm muscles tighten on the barrel. I lick my lower lip trying to moisten my mouth. Nicholas chuckles and nudges me. I turn my eyes back to the monitor to see where his hit landed. I look closely and see that it hit the tip of his ear. He walks over to me and drops his head in disappointment. I lightly kiss the side of his head and he looks up at me. 

"My turn."Theo says walking over and laying his body on the ground. I look over and see Cami's gaze traveling the length of his body. I see her shake her head and look at the monitor while Theo takes his shot. He misses entirely and he gets up and shrugs walking back over. Cami walks over next and lays down. Theo is now staring at her laying form which leads me to smack his arm. He chuckles and turns his attention to the screen. I turn back around to look at Cami. She has been trained to do this so I watch her intently. She exhales as her shot rings loud. I turn back around to see a perfect whole between the eyes. Nicholas and I laugh while looking at Xavier and Theo stand there with their jaws on the ground. 

"Jesus Cami, remind me not to piss you off." Theo says in astonishment. She smirks and lifts herself off the ground dusting her legs. She sighs and walks over to us standing right beside me.

"Don't worry... I aim for the dick first." Her eyes drifting down making Theo quickly cup himself and glare at her. I can't help but laugh along with Nicholas and Xavier. 

"Just the way I taught you sis." Nicholas says coming over throwing an arm around her shoulders. Theo perks up and looks at Cami who visibly gulps. 

"Sis?"

"Theo, this is Nicholas, Cami's older marine brother." I say watching as his eyes soften and he outstretches his hand towards Nicholas who takes it chuckling. 

"Damn Cami, you didn't tell me you had one as well." Nicholas says looking back at her. 

"He isn't-" Cami gets cut off. 

"Cami, can I speak to you?" Theo says stepping towards her gently tugging her arm. Cami's eyes looking at me pleading but I just grin at her. She glares at me as Theo tugs her off a little. Nicholas walks over to bumping my hip. I smile and chuckle while I feel Xavier's arm once again embrace me. I lean my head back looking at him while he kisses my forehead. 

"So are they a thing beauty?" 

"Not yet... soon."