Chapter 24: The things you do to me

-Xavier's POV

Knock Knock

"Come in" I answer grumbling trying to type up the reports in front of me. 

After Heather ran off towards Luca, I received a call that some files haven't been completed and sent over to one of our share holders. So now rather than enjoying some time with my son and my sweetheart, I am stuck doing things my assistant should have done. 

"Sir, Theo is here to see-"

"You don't have to announce me Leo, he knows I'll show up when I please." Theo says barging in and throwing himself on the couch in my office. 

"Please make yourself at home." I say in the most sarcastic voice I can. He just snorts at me. I lift my head to look at him while he looks at me like he is searching for something. I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"You look different." He says still searching my face. I just shrug at him returning to the paperwork. "Is Angel here?"

My eyes snap up at him and he grins at me while chuckling. I roll my eyes at him. He gets up and walks towards my desk leaning on the front of it. He grabs some of the papers and looks through them. 

"Why are you typing up the reports? Isn't this Candace's job?" He ask raising an eyebrow at me. 

"I don't know why it wasn't completed however since she hasn't, I have to." 

"Where's Luca?" 

"He's in his room with Heather." I say lifting my head up towards him. He smiles smugly while walking towards the door. I stand up not wanting him to do something stupid. 

"What are you doing?" I state while he pushes my door open not answering me. Great... I follow him knowing exactly where he is going. I take the hallway to Luca's room and see him gently knock on my son's door . I get there as Luca opens his door placing his finger to his mouth silencing us. I look behind him to see Heather asleep on his bed. Her long legs on display with her blonde waves are caressing her angelic face. Damn... She is gorgeous. 

Theo chuckles under his breath before nudging my shoulder and walking over to my son to help him with a puzzle. I walk over to the bed and sat down gently on the side.  I lean forward and kiss her forehead gently. She smiles but does not wake up. I gently lift her up into my arms as she wraps her arms around me. I walk out Luca's room taking her to our room. Our room, I like the way that sounds... Once I get there, I lay her down on the bed and watch as she curls up to a pillow laying there. She inhales deeply and it makes me smirk that she is enjoying my scent. I kiss her once more before leaving her to sleep. 

"Is she all tucked in dad?" I look up to see my son and Theo standing at the entrance to the room. I nod and walk over to them ushering them out of the room. 

"Luca, will you go find Leo and see if he will make us some coffee and bring it to the office?" He nods and bounces down the hallway still with a smile on his face. I begin walking back towards the office with a happy looking Theo in tow. 

"Soooo... " I turn back towards him raising an eyebrow. 

"So what?" I ask him pushing the door to my office open. 

"Did you find out what has her scared?" I sit back down at my desk and clear my throat. He takes the seat in front of my desk. 

"Yes." 

"Care to elaborate?" He leans forward.

"She is hiding from someone is all I am going to say. She entrusted me with her story." I gather the documents into my hand again. 

"So you know who we are looking for." 

"No, she didn't give me the name yet..." I state with clear agitation in my voice. "She needs time and I will give it to her but I don't want her to be far away from me." He snorts at me. 

"You can't lock her up Xavier, she would not like it." 

"I know." I say grinding my teeth. 

"Damn, she really has you doesn't she?" He looks impressed. 

"Luca asked her today if she would be okay with him calling her mom." I look up to see Theo with his mouth agape. "She was okay with it." 

"Damn..." He says leaning back in the chair. "Are you okay with all of this?"

"Luca has looked at her as his mom since the day they met and she has acted more like a mother towards him than anyone ever has. It's only natural for him to want this." I turn back on my computer and open the document back up. 

"That wasn't an answer man." 

"I have strong feelings toward her and her relationship with my son just further heightens those feelings... I have no problem with it." 

"And the danger of what she is running from?" I glance up at him looking at me with concern in his eyes. 

"Once I have a name, we will eliminate the concern." I turn the screen to one of the cameras of the house to show me my bedroom. I look to see Heather still sleeping. Knowing she is safe in my bed makes me smile. 

"I don't remember agreements ever make you smile like that." I look up to see Theo smirking. I roll my eyes as I hear a knock at the door. Leo walks in with a tray with coffee on it. 

"Sir, there is a Miss Cami Taylor on the phone wishing to speak to you." He hands me a phone that I recognize as Heather's. I take the phone and put it to my ear while watching my friend look at me quizzically. 

"Sanford" 

"Hey Xavier, did H go to sleep yet?"

"Yes, she is currently asleep on my bed." 

"She may wake up in the middle of the night so I just wanted to warn you that she may scream." 

"Is this due to what she told me earlier?" 

"H told you?"

"Yes Cami, now is it due to that?"

"Yea... I usually wake up and then hold her til she goes back to sleep." 

"Thank you Cami for letting me know." 

"Remember what I said Xavier, do not hurt her. I don't mind killing for her." I hear the serious tone in her voice. 

"I won't. Goodnight Cami." I hang up the phone and look back up at my best friend who looks aggravated causing me to smirk at him. 

"Why did she need to talk to you?" He grumbles with an underlining tone of irritation in his voice making me chuckle. 

"Calm down lover boy, she was just warning me to not hurt Heather." I cringe thinking about the small petite woman that was pointing a gun at my head. 

"Pfft, lover boy? I don't know what your talking about... I'm over that." He waves his hand dismissively while I give him my best not impressed look. He begins to stand up and straighten his shirt. "So Cami is protective of Heather?" 

"That's an understatement. She pointed a gun at my head earlier today when I went to their home." His eyes widen before he attempts to recollect himself. 

"What was she doing with a gun??" His still looks to be in shock.

"Her family is military which explains how she was able to land you on your ass." I smirk seeing him glare at me. 

"She is something..." He says more to himself but I still heard him. "I have to go for a family dinner, catch you later?" I nod my head and watch him leave the office. 

I look back at my computer once more to finish up the document however I flip over the screen to Heather once more to see her still tightly hugging my pillow. 

"The things you to do to me sweetheart..."