'Charlie, we all know you're dying to bone Tori but you don't have to step in and be her fucking knight in shining armour all of the time,' I spat. 'She's a big girl.'

'Not cool, man,' Charlie said, shaking his head and turning away as he took a drink of his beer.

I sighed and lowered my head, wiping my face with my palms and trying to calm myself down. It wasn't their faults and I was just extremely snappy right now.

'Sorry,' I breathed. 'My temper is just real fucking short at the moment.'

They both nodded slowly and gave me sympathetic looks that just made me want to get the fuck out of there. I despised pity.

'Is there more to it?' Tori asked.

'Yes, obviously,' I hissed. 'I don't want to talk about it.'

'We aren't going to judge you or think you're a pussy for feeling sad at falling out with your girlfriend,' Charlie said. 'We're all friends here and if you want to rant to us then we'll fucking listen, man; stop being so hard faced.'

'We haven't fallen out!' I exclaimed, deeply, as I grew irritated at them repeatedly saying that. It was so much worse than that.

'So what then?' Tori asked. 'Why are you so angry?'

'She left,' I told them. 'She packed her shit into a suitcase and she moved out.'

'What? When?' Tori asked, her eyes instantly filling with surprise.

'I went home and confronted her about the restaurant,' I said. 'Then I found out...well, I found out something so much worse. That's why I left and came to your place and I went back in the morning and she left.'

'But she was in the wrong,' Tori said, questioningly.

'She admitted that, yeah,' I said. 'But the other thing I'd found out, I couldn't even bring myself to calm down and talk properly because I felt so fucking betrayed and then when she found out I stayed at your place, she left and we haven't spoken since.'

'Where is she?' Charlie asked.

'She's moved into a dorm with her friend,' I sighed.

'Oh great, so she's going to be partying and going wild to forget about all of this while you're sitting around moping actually feeling shit about what's happened,' Tori said with a scowl. 'She's in the wrong; she should be here grovelling, not living up the fucking college life.'

'What did she do?' Charlie asked me, and I narrowed my eyes at him, surprised he'd dared to ask.

'Something really fucking stupid,' I replied.

'It's not going to go further than us,' he told me and I studied his sincere eyes before letting out an exhale.

'Her ex boyfriend that I told you about,' I began, and Tori shifted a little awkwardly as she remembered the drama she'd caused over that. 'He's in prison for killing his brother.'

'Shit,' Charlie hissed.

'He called her,' I said. 'Wanting to see her and tell her some "good news" that he had.'

'She should have reported him right away,' Tori said. 'Especially with what he did to her.'

'She went,' I said.

'No, she didn't!' Charlie gasped. 'Why? Is she fucking stupid?'

'She thought he was being genuine; she thought he had changed and wanted to apologise and all of that bullshit,' I said. 'Turns out, he just wanted to tell her to her face that he's getting out of jail soon. He just wanted to mess with her.'