New weapons; New friends; New clues

Time flew by while I polished Ezio's blade. It was a rather mundane and monotone activity, yet, it felt...soothing. While I was busy, apparently, Aziza went ahead and got me new robes that surprisingly greatly resembled the ones I was currently wearing. I thought she'd give me the cream-colored and golden robes so singular to this Brotherhood, but instead, I was met with the sight of warm, soft dark blue robes. I was about to hop into the tub for a long-deserved, relaxing bath, when I heard commotion coming from the main entrance of the den. I decided then that resting would have to wait, as I saw a couple of Assassins standing alongside Yusuf, whom I recognized some as the Assassins who were chilling about when Ezio and I got here. I was immediately greeted by the den leader himself with a big smile, and I couldn't help but find his happiness contagious. Without even realizing, I was already smiling.

But the mood became all the lighter when Ezio decided to join us, appearing with sturdier-looking armor along with a new dagger. I was about to walk over to greet him, but Yusuf was already way ahead of me as he greeted him with open arms. "Praise the heavens! We feared we had lost our Mentor to the vices of the big city!" he exclaimed with a soft chuckle.

"I am content with my own vices, grazie." Ezio replied, but I could clearly tell that he was just as amused as I was. I walked over to him and held his sword out to him, earning his attention. "You worked quickly." He observed, smiling.

"Eh, I don't even know how long I was at it." I shrugged. "But before I even realized it, I was done. So, it should return to where it rightfully belongs."

"You flatter me, my love." Those mesmerizing brown eyes gazed into my own, and I found myself lowering my gaze to prevent myself from blushing. God...dammit, he still knew how to get to me. His large fingers wrapped themselves around the sword handle, and with a practiced ease, sheathed it away into its scabbard, where it truly belonged.

"Tell me, Ezio. What is on your mind?" Yusuf asked with a soft smile.

"Tell me more about the Templars." Ezio began, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I gave him a quick, amused glance before focusing on Yusuf once more. "You call them Byzantines, yet the Byzantine Empire was overthrown sixty years ago."

"These men are remnants of a line loyal to the cause of the last Emperor, Constantine XI." Yusuf began to explain, looking, at times, rather troubled. "Who leads them now, however, I cannot say." He shook his head.

"Capisco (I see). I suppose it's up to us to find out then." I nodded, perfectly holding back the smile that yearned to paint my lips upon feeling Ezio's eyes on me.

"Ezio, (y/n)..." the younger Assassin began, confused. "Where are your hookblades?"

"Erm....what?" I tilted my head in confusion, and thankfully, Ezio was just as confused as I was. With the flick of his wrist, a long, metal hook swiftly shot out. Its shape was very reminiscent of the grappling hooks I'd see in action movies, but this one looked more like an eagle's beak.

"Never seen one?" he asked, causing us both to shake our heads. "I grew up using these." He turned around to signal an Assassin, who tossed one of those contraptions to Yusuf. "Here. Try it." He urged as he gave it to Ezio. "We have one for you as well, (y/n), if you'd like."