Fabled security

"Fascinating.... Absolutely fascinating..." Leonardo breathed out in awe as he leaned closer to examine the glowing orb. Machiavelli, Mario, Ezio and I stood right behind him, eager for answers from the genius inventor.

"What is it, Leonardo? What does it do?" Ezio asked him then, curiously.

"I...could no more explain this than explain to you why the Earth goes around the Sun." he shrugged.

"You mean....the Sun around the Earth." Mario tried to correct him, and I couldn't help but smirk. Ohhh, he's in for one hell of a revelation..., my brain pointed out, and I couldn't prevent a soft giggle from escaping from my lips. Mario gave me a questioning look, but I merely shrugged with a smirk as Leonardo continued to speak.

"It's fabricated with materials that shouldn't exist....and yet....this is clearly a very ancient artifact." Leonardo said.

"Si....it's at least 300 years old. An artifact like this one was wielded by the legendary Altaïr." I said, crossing my arms. "It was just like this one. Al Mualim once called it "Apple of Eden"."

"In the Codex, he refers to it as "A Piece of Eden"." Mario added.

"And the Spaniard....he called it "the Apple"." Ezio replied, moving closer to us.

"Like Eve's Apple? Of Forbidden Knowledge? Are you then suggesting that this thing..." Leonardo began to ask as he looked back at Ezio and I, standing straight once more. Immediately, my thoughts drifted back to before I even came here, back to when I was still playing the first Assassin's Creed. My eyes widened as Al Mualim's words rang loud and clear in my head.

"(y/n)? Is there something else you know?" Machiavelli asked, and suddenly, all eyes were on me.

"Si....something Al Mualim once told Altaïr regarding the artifact that was in his possession." I nodded. "Altaïr did ask his Mentor what it was, and parts of his answer are written in the Codex. Al Mualim told him that the Apple is temptation. He said it cast out Adam and Eve, turned staves into snakes, parted and closed the Red Sea, and helped a poor carpenter turn water into wine." I explained. "Back then, Al Mualim had tried to use the Apple to control Altaïr's mind, but it didn't work. Altaïr was strong enough to resist its charm. He killed his Mentor upon discovering that he was a traitor, then kept the Apple for himself so he could study it."

"Fascinating...!" Leonardo breathed out.

"I believe these artifacts belonged to someone that Altaïr mentioned in the Codex. Hang on..." I quickly grabbed my notebook and opened it. "During these two years stuck in Monteriggioni, I took the time to study Altaïr's pages. I took notes of everything..." I muttered as I searched. "Ah-ha!! Ecco qui (Here it is)!" I quickly placed the notebook on the table so that everyone could read. "In page 5 of the Codex, Altaïr mentions an ancient civilization... "The Ones Who Came Before". The entity I saw all those years ago, it could be linked to her."

"And the Apple you found....did you bring it here?" Ezio asked after a few moments of silence, having taken the time to read my notes.