Requiescat in Pace, Giovanni

I slowly came to my senses, furrowing my brows at the dull throb in my head that was becoming stronger and stronger the more I regained consciousness. Where the hell was I...? I was playing Assassin's Creed II, I went downstairs for dinner, then went to the basement to get the ingredients. I saw a faint glow and discovered that not only were Templars and Assassins real, but also that my own parents were affiliated with the bad guys.

I slightly shifted to my side, keeping my eyes closed in hopes of reducing the splitting headache I was feeling. But it was no use. Minerva....Minerva had talked to me. She gave me a mission. Did she really send me back in time? Was this even real?? I had so many questions, and no answers. Yet, I felt soft cushions beneath my head, and warm sheets covering my frame. Confusion shifted to fright as I realized that the mattress I was laying on wasn't my own. Mine was softer. This one was completely different. I took a deep breath, and cracked my eyes open.

I knew it. This wasn't my bed. This wasn't even in my house. As I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the softness of cream-colored walls, of deep red silk sheets covering my frame, and of heavy red curtains pushed aside to reveal a large window, allowing the warm rays of sunlight to illuminate the entire room. I began to sit up, still observing the room. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I called out, and soon after, walked in a woman dressed in a gorgeous, and flattering, red dress. Her long brown hair was covered by what appeared to be a hood. She didn't seem to be any older than 30.

She moved slowly, gracefully, across the room to the bed, where she took a seat next to me. She gently took my hand into hers, smiling softly. "How do you feel, dear?" she asked. She had such a soft and beautiful voice.

"I-I....I'm not sure....my head hurts, like I received a direct blow to the head by a horse..." I confessed, reaching back to rub my head.

"It is rather normal. From what the doctor said, you took quite a hit to the head. But you will be alright." she said reassuringly. "Tell me, what is your name?"

"(f/n)....(f/n) (l/n)..." I replied with a soft smile. She was really nice to talk to. Kind, and extremely elegant. "Tell me, signora (ma'am), do you know where I can find the Auditore family?"

"The Auditores?" she asked, quite surprised. "Well, yes. But you should not leave, mia cara (my dear). It is dangerous out. And besides, you are not yet ready to go-"

"Nonsense, I feel fine." I shook my head, shifting my body so my legs were dangling on the side of the bed. Only then, did I notice what I was wearing. It was a long, pearl white nightgown that revealed my cleavage in a very flattering way. The material was extremely soft as well. "Do you know where my clothes are?" I curiously asked as I looked up at her.

"And you were expecting to blend in with the crowd in such...outfit? Never, my dear. I'll lend you a dress." she said, and before I even had time to refuse, she was up on her feet and on the way out. I shook my head, smiling. This was going to be a looong mission, but at least, there seemed to be trustworthy people here in Florence. I shakily stood from my bed and walked towards the large window, smiling softly as I saw the liveness of this city. Just like in the game, people laughed, walked, tended to their daily chores. Beggars were singing on the street, in hopes of getting a few florins from a kind passerby. Thieves were jumping from roof to roof, probably trying to escape from archers.

As the kind lady returned, I couldn't help but point out, my gaze fixed down on the busy streets. "Firenze is a beautiful city."