A Teacher? Me?

A/N: Whoo, this chapter! Later on, as the reader's describing her "nightmare", you will easily recognize who she's describing if you've read "Assassin's Creed: the Secret Crusade".

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Within a week after the attack of Monteriggioni, we arrived in Roma. There were Borgia guards everywhere, so I did my best to lead my family to the outskirts of the city, where I knew Bartolomeo lived. There were still no news of Ezio, much to my dismay, but if he really did get here, then I knew we'd see him in no time. But Aurora and Leandro were growing restless. They had so many questions, and I needed Ezio to help me answer them. But mostly, I didn't know how I was going to explain Mario's death.

After what felt like forever, a few mercenaries led us to Bartolomeo. Stepping in through the open gates, I was greeted with the sight of mercenary barracks in desperate need of renovation, but a part of the building still looked relatively solid. I thanked the young men and gave the wooden door a few knocks. Much to my surprise, I wasn't greeted to the sight of Bartolomeo's towering figure; instead, I was met with the presence of a petite, beautiful brunette, wearing a striped blue and cream-colored dress. "Yes?" she asked, looking at me with curious eyes.

"Buongiorno, signorina. I would like to talk to Messer Bartolomeo d'Alviano." I politely replied, showing her my ring finger. The scarred skin making out the Assassin crest was immediately recognizable.

"I will call him at once." She nodded, stepping aside. "Please, come in. Make yourselves comfortable." As she walked away and further into the room, I urged my children to go in first. Claudia and Maria waited beside them while I closed the front door behind me. By the time I turned around, Bartolomeo was already walking towards me with open arms.

"If it isn't the Auditore's wife!!" he exclaimed joyfully, and before I could even say anything, he pulled me in for a hug. "It is good to see you unscathed, (y/n)!"

"It's good to see you too, Bartolomeo." I said with a soft smile after he broke the hug. "I need your help. I take it you know what happened in Monteriggioni?" I asked then, with a more serious tone. Much to my relief, he nodded.

"Si. Machiavelli came here last night to tell me the news. I am...profoundly sorry for your loss, (y/n). He was a good man, and a good friend..." he said somberly, and I didn't need to ask to know that he was talking about Mario.

"Who is he talking about, Mother...?" Leandro softly asked from behind me, causing our gazes to drift back to him.

"Mother?" Bartolomeo raised an eyebrow.

"These are my children. Aurora and Leandro Auditore de Monteriggioni." I explained with a soft smile as the twins politely bowed their heads in respect. "I'm honestly surprised Ezio never told you about them."

"He is not much of a talker when it comes to family." He shrugged, and with a big smile painting his lips, he walked towards my children and shook their hands. "I am very pleased to meet you at last. Your parents are good friends of mine."

"Bartolomeo, I need to find Machiavelli. I need to get my family to safety, and he'll know what to do." I said before my children had time to reply, causing him to snap his gaze back to me.