Chapter 5 - A Journey Begins

Dedicated to GeorgeCloudJr - aka the best cheerleader around. 

---

Chapter 5 - A Journey Begins

---

Rena woke up to find a dark skinned woman at the foot of her bed. 

She sat up, watching as the woman quietly took Rena's belongings out of her knapsack and placed them in a bag that had obviously never seen dirt in its life. If not for the white robes of the Order the woman wore, Rena might have been alarmed. 

Instead, she raised an eyebrow."Is my bag not good enough for the Order?" 

The woman inclined her head, a sort of improvised bow as she continued to sift through the various clothes and collectibles Rena had scrounged together over the years. "Your bag is fine, but I am under instructions to replace it with a newer one."

"The one I have is fine." 

"This new one will be lighter and keep anything inside protected. It is stronger, resistant to tear, and can store more than you would suspect. 

Rena blinked. "It's ley infused?" 

The woman nodded. "By a muse herself. The Order has recently gathered the seven of them together and made use of the ley we have stored over the years."

Rena watched her work, dumbfounded. 

The portals are closing, and they're still wasting ley on things that aren't necessary. 

"Well, um, thank you," said Rena, deciding to keep the thought to herself, lest it reach Elijah's ears. 

"It is of no concern," said the woman. "I suggest you move down to the dining halls. The preparations for your journey to Leristith are almost complete, and the Order will be eager to get underway. I will finish here."

Rena thanked her for the advice and threw off the blankets, slipping her feet onto the carpeted floor. She brushed her toes across the fluffy surface and smiled. It brought back memories of the room she'd shared with a pixie back at the Order's school for young Mythics and the various antics they'd managed together. 

She went for her clothes when the woman stopped her and pointed to a neatly folded pile of material on the desk. 

"We wish for you to wear those, if it suits you. It will be more appropriate for your coming journey."

Rena examined the pile, holding up the first item on top. Brownish-red in colour, it appeared to be a dress that would hug around her neck and torso while the skirt would touch her ankles at the back, but then rise to her knees at the front. A pair of full length leggings rested underneath it, along with an intricate looking belt with what looked like dagger sheaths and a pouch attached to it. 

Rena undid the lace at the side of her dress she'd fallen asleep in when the woman hurridley interrupted. 

"Do you wish for me to leave the room while you change, Mythic? It doesn't seem appropriate to--" 

"Don't look then," said Rena with a shrug. 

She let the material fall, earning a scuffle behind her from what was the woman presumably directing her gaze at the wall. It didn't take her long to pull on the clothes and the boots, leather to match the belt, that came up two-thirds of her shins. 

Rena gave it an experimental twirl, loving the way the material fell around her, the way the gold thread embroidered into the skirt danced in the light. The elborate pattern was like those that only the truly wealthy or a Mythic could ever have.