Chapter Seven - What Do You Want From Me?

I slowly sit up and rub my eyes, then rub my hand. I can still feel a sharp pain in my right hand. What the hell happened? Last thing I remember was touching that guys hand and passing out, why did my wolf want me to touch his hand in the first place?

                Where am I? I know that this isn’t my room; I feel the bed that I’m on and then look around. The room is huge, it’s a dark blue, the windows have black drapes covering the windows, not allowing any light in, and there’s a huge dresser next to the door.

                The door… I get out of bed and run to the door and open it, but as soon as I do there is a chest in front of me. I look up to see what the guy looks like and he’s not bad looking but he seems dangerous, he looks down at me with disgust.

                “Carter, this is the best you could do?” the guy yells down the hallway. I back away from him but he just stays where he was, he gives me a questioning look. “What is your name darling?” his voice is deep and smooth.

                “Skylar” I say quickly trying to look passed him. I close my eyes and try to listen to see what voices I can recognize. “I want her to bare my child” I hear a familiar voice say. I shake my head quickly and take a whiff.

                The smell of death and vanilla hits my nose making me scrunch it, my wolf starts to cry. ‘That’s him, go find him!’ I shake my head protesting, and then realize that the guy is staring at me in shock. “God, you werewolves are so weird.”

                Well he’s obviously not a werewolf… that would make him a vampire. But he isn’t pale, aren’t vampires supposed to be super pale. I mean look at the vampires in all of those stupid movies, guess I was wrong. “Thank you, why am I here?” I ask and he gives me a devious look.

                “Carter, come up here” he calls. I sit on the bed and try to mind link my dad again but it’s not working, now is the time to panic. I start to shake as a tear runs down my face; the guy is pushed away from the door so fast that it makes my head spin.

                The guy that made me pass out earlier stands in front of me with sadness in his eyes, why is he feeling bad for me? He is not my fucking mate. “Are you okay love?” he asks making my wolf go crazy. I shake my head rolling my eyes.

                “Why am I here?” I ask, he walks towards the door and slams it shut. He paces back and forth, thinking about what to say. I stand up without any thought and stop him. I look up at him full of curiosity “what did you do to me? Why did I touch your hand?”

                He pinches the bridge of his nose and bites his bottom lip. If he’s a vampire then he might be trying to stop the feud like Dinah said, oh god. I am not having a baby… maybe… nope not at this age, ha-ha oh hell no.

                “You are my mate, that’s why you trusted me so easily” he says quickly with a sarcastic tone. I shake my head and hands quickly, there is no way in hell that he is my mate, I already have one. Beau Parnell is my mate.

                I walk towards a wall and lean on it, he just stares at me trying to read my. My wolf is telling me to jump him but my mind is telling my not to. “I already have a mate… how can I have two mates? I don’t want to mates.”

                He walks towards me with a sexy look but with the look of confusion mixed with it. He stops in front of me and cups my chin sending shocks through me, more then when Beau’s touch does. I close my eyes trying to think of how I can have two mates.