Chapter Two- Latch

Once school is finally over Adam gives Jake and I a ride home, once we walk through the front door dad and an older guy is sitting at the table. The other guy looks like he’s in his fifties, but he still looks really good for his age.

                Dad looks at Jake then quickly at me “hi Sky, I see you’ve met Jake?” he asks with a huge smile. I nod and set my bag on the rack “can you show him to his room? It’s down the hall from yours.”

                Our house is really big, so I don’t know what room he is talking about but I’ll figure it out. I walk upstairs and Jake follows behind me. “This house is huge” he says and sighs, I nod and walk passed my room.

                “How the hell do you even know what room he is talking about?” he laughs.

                “I don’t even know, but I’ll figure it out” I say as I knock on the fifth door away from my room. No one answers so I open it “well I guess that this is your room, I hope you like it. No one has been in here for a really long time, only the maids come in here.”

                He nods “thank you Skylar, its really nice and thank you for being nice to me.” I nod and walk out leaving him in there, Jake is really nice which actually surprises me because of how hot he is. I walk down the hall and open the door two doors down from my room.

                Its dark but it has a sweet scent to it, it smells like vanilla and something else but I can’t put my finger on it. “Did you know that Jake has an older brother?” I hear Adam ask and I nod in response. “I wonder why he’s the alpha and not their dad.”

                Adam and I are a lot alike especially when it comes to mysteries “just go and ask, Jakes a really cool guy” I say. His lips curve into a devilish grin and I roll my eyes “I don’t like him like that, and I barely even know him.”

                “What if he’s your mate? Dad would be pissed, he doesn’t want you to move that far away and besides, he wants you to go to college.” Our dad has our whole future planned out, Adam is going to become an alpha and I will go to college and then live with my mate.

                I shrug and shut the door “I have to go get ready for that party” I say and walk into my room closing the door behind me. I sit down on my bed and stare at the ceiling until I hear the door open; Jake is standing there with a huge grin.

                Why is he staring at me like that? Does he not know that that’s creepy? “Why are you staring at me like that?” I laugh and he walks in.

                “C-can I go to that party with you? I really w-want to s-start meeting new people” he says sounding like a little kid asking for candy. I nod; it will be good for him to meet new people. He shouldn’t have a problem especially with girls.

                “Hey Jake where is my room?” I hear a deep Australian voice yell from outside of my room. Jake looks at me and sighs. I get up and walk out to where the voice is, the guy is very good looking and I mean very sexy.

                He smiles looking down at me, his light brown eyes turning to a dark brown. “Hi I’m James, I hope that you are showing me to my room” he says in a husky voice. I nod and walk to the room that’s next to Jakes “thank you babe.”
                “No problem, Jake my friend Connor will be here at 9” I say and leave James room but he stops me.

                He pulls me into his room and cages me against the wall “you’re very beautiful” he whispers. I start to blush “are you alpha Jeremy’s daughter?” I nod and he drops his arms. I study his features and start to smile; he has a chiseled kind of face.