Chapter Six - A Little Death

He just stares at me appalled by what I’ve just said, I didn’t mean to say it but at the same time I did. I look away but I can feel him beaming at me, I look up at him and I can see how hurt he is but he just coughs and quickly recovers with a hard face.

                “I-I’m sorry Be-” he cuts me off by unlocking the door and leaving me alone in the training room. I tear races down my cheek as I put my socks and shoes back on.

                ‘Why did you tell our mate that?’ my wolf asks full of hurt. I shake my head and start smiling as I leave the training room, Dinah runs up to me and starts smiling. “Beau is so fine” she coos, I laugh it off and shake my head.

                “He’s okay I guess, how about we all hangout tomorrow?” she thinks about it for a moment and shrugs uncertain.

                She tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear “tomorrow is Sunday… I think I can but I don’t know yet. I will text you and let you know” I nod and walk into the library towards the back where Matt is. He’s sitting down reading.

                “Hey Matt” I say and he slowly looks up from his book and smiles, “do you have a hoodie that I could wear?” I forgot to bring a shirt to put over my sports bra, I wish I did though. He quickly nods and stands up taking off his, but I shake my head. “Never mind… you’re wearing it keep it on.”

                He shakes his head laughing “no I’m not even cold, you can wear it” he holds it out waiting for me to take it. I grab it and put it on and look back up at him.

                Matthew Reynaud. Messy black hair, light brown eyes, light skin, strong jaw line, nice build, and he is probably 6’1. He’s very handsome, athletic, but a nerd. He’s someone that I can always talk to.

                I pull my phone out of my pocket to look at the time, 10:00. I came here about an hour ago, and I already want to go home and just sleep. “What’s wrong Sky?” I hear him ask full of concern, I don’t even answer him I just hug him.

                Matt’s hugs can make me so happy within a matter of seconds, so whenever I’m down I hug him right away. He wraps his arms around me and we just stand there for a few minutes, I bury my head into his chest as I feel him set his chin on my head.

                I don’t want a mate yet! I mean all Beau and I do is fight already, if that’s what having a mate is like then I definitely don’t want one. Never, but at the same time there is this part of me that wants Beau more than anything in the world.

                The way he smiles makes me feel so happy, the sound of his voice makes me feel like nothing bad could ever happen and I just met him yesterday. It’s like he has this hold over me that I can never break.

                Matt backs away a little and cups my chin making me look up at him. “So that new guy… ugh what’s his name Beau? Does he have anything to do with you being this sad?” I shake my head lying and he just gives me the ‘bitch I know you’re lying’ look.

                “I’m going to just go home and sleep the rest of the weekend away” I laugh and he puts the book in his bag. As I walk out of the pack house and I hear Matt running behind me, I turn around and give him a questioning look.

                “I’m going with you, I have to make sure my girl is okay” he says crossing his arms across his chest.

                We get into my truck and drive to my house, the ride is just him singing and me laughing. Once we get to my house I set the keys back on the counter where Adam always puts them. I look in the living room to see if anyone else is home. I frown once I see Beau but smile at Jake and James.