- The Beginning -

DATE: 49 Days in Apocalypse

TIME: 3:20

LOCATION: New York

"I think we shouldn't do this."

"I know, okay? It's not like we have a choice. Besides... we're just borrowing Momo. Isn't it pretty tho?"

It's been almost 2 months since the lives of the people in New York turned upside down. The change and chaos came by as rapid as it can be for them to adapt to a new world that they are in now.

It started in New York,

Or that's what they told.

The city that never sleeps became the literal representation of what happened. Some locked themselves down in their own houses, but some tried to escaped the city and hope to find a safer place without the crazy flesh eaters.

But the apocalypse seems to be much stronger. It became unbeatable.

It spreads in just a small pan of days. Maybe because of the continuous numbers of immigrants that brought the disease all over the states, or maybe it already started everywhere without them knowing.

"It will not look pretty when the owner starts to hunt you for stealing their clothes. And.. what's pretty about these pair of combat boots and blue slacks? They look plain."

"Aish you really are stupid huh? People will get scared and will respect anyone wearing police uniforms, Momo. Don't you want some extra jokbals in the apocalypse huh?"

The latter stared at her confusedly at first trying to absorb everything she said.

It's like her brain stopped working for a second and the girl just look at her waiting for her respond.

She was about to reason back, but her mind finally wrapped the idea.

"Ahhhhhhhh! You're really a smart-ass Sana! Because of this they will give us food right? Because we have been serving the country from the bottom of heart."

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

She sings the United States national song with fisted hand on her heart. Sana got confused at her first, but sing with her later on.

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

The two woman had been together even before everything happened. They studied on the same university, and even shared childhood on the same neighborhood. 

You can say that they're each other's soulmates.

A soulmate for life, that even in the apocalypse,

they cannot be separated.

"Someone's coming. Act cool!" Sana said.

When footsteps were heard, the two girls both rushed to wear the unfitted uniforms to themselves without even minding the blood that covers the cloth.

They got used to it.

Everybody did.

"Just nod and smile, Momo. Nod and smile."

Momo did what she had told to. She nod and smile so enthusiastly that the officer passing by looked at her with perked eyebrows.

"What you two doing here? Shouldn't you rounding  around your areas?"  Was the first thing that the big bald man told them. He looks like something more than a police officer because of the difference of their uniforms compared to them, so Sana spoke up to him.